Thread: Unable to launch Ubuntu 10.10 through Live cd in windows vista

Unable to launch Ubuntu 10.10 through Live cd in windows vista

Hello, I am a 64-bit Vista user, I would try to launch Ubuntu 10.10 in my system. So I downloaded the iso for Ubuntu 10.10, checked the MD5 and have burned to cd rom. The boot cd starts quickly but hangs on a purple screen with task bar at the top left competent 3 icons:arrested - volume - and two opposing arrows (?).I bought a magazine with the Ubuntu cd-rom 10. 10 Maverick Meerkat offered but the result is the same: purple screen with mouse pointer frozen assets but no effect on the three icons and the cd / dvd which no longer rotates. Bios up to date with stable F9, I installed the beta version F10B is but the problem remains the same I tried running the live cd without the single edge (a kit audio 5.1) but without effect.
    Pc configuration is as follows:
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45 DS4 - Socket 775 - P45 Chipset
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
    • Memory: G.skill Extreme Series 4GB DDR PC8500
    • Graphics Card GTX 295
    • HDD: Hitachi 500 GB SATA
    • SATA Samsung SH-223F

There would be a hardware incompatibility with the chipset 45. On the gigabyte site for updated drivers and it says that due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website. I understand that manufacturers of chipsets invited to download the Linux driver on their site. Except that on the Intel website, I found nothing. Moreover, it would be necessary to configure the operation of SATA disk in AHCI (IDE in bios by default). I tried: direct planting without having time to boot from the CD-rom. That's where I am and thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Re: Unable to launch Ubuntu 10.10 through Live cd in windows vista

Regarding this I think there is not a question of the chipsets, in this to fix this you just try a USB key, or better virtualizes, if not installed and you will see the result. Otherwise the live cd is not the stew; a live usb will not change. If you want I suggest you just try virtualization on Ubuntu, you will have the same system with a conventional hard disk. So just go for this I hope this will definitely help you in order to fix your issue.

I am also going through the same issue actually in my case while in boot-usb after image hosting "install boot menu and selecting" run Ubuntu from this usb ", two, three pages of lines of information, scrolling frozen black screen. For tonight, will test tomorrow and I abdicate the graphics options, the acpi while I researched the process of virtualization in Ubuntu. Thank you for your answers and good luck.

I'm a fan of Ubuntu for over 2 years in office and home and I am glad every day. Last night I wanted to download the upgrade 10.10 (I'm using 10.4). At startup before Windows starts, I have an application to choose between Vista and Ubuntu. When I click on Ubuntu, the PC is running and sends me on the start page with the choice Vista or Ubuntu. What should I do knowing that I have files that I want saved on Ubuntu. If you guys have any suggestion regarding this issue then please post your replies over here as soon as it is possible for you guys. I just wanna thank you in advance.