Thread: Unable to install package in Ubuntu 10.10

Unable to install package in Ubuntu 10.10

I have just upgraded Ubuntu 10.10 here; before that I was having other version of the Linux and at the present I have version 10 here. Well the upgrade presently went smooth and not along with bigger matter as such. At the present the thing is that after victorious upgrade I am not able to install the new packages here on my system. Also I am not able to have the system updates also here. Whenever I attempt to do this I have seen that I keep receiving the following message there: E: firmware-b43-installer: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1.Is anyone able to here please help me with the situation here?

Re: Unable to install package in Ubuntu 10.10

Looking at the situation of yours it appears to me that you have to have not installed the update for Ubuntu 10.10 in the clean manner and hence you might be receiving the matter there. It will be actually immense if you are able to degrade the current version that you have there and then are able to once more go along with the installation of this there. It seems to me that the older files and the fresh files must be receiving conflicted and hence you might be receiving the issue there. Please see attempt this and let me acquainted with if what I have said is correct there. Please do this at the earliest.

In my opinion that the version of the Ubuntu 10.10 that you must have installed may be reasoning you the matter there as it is the most recent one on the board there. Ubuntu 10.10 that you have installed is also recognized by the other one. It is based on the Ubuntu 10.10 and well that is true there. At the present regarding the matter let me tell you that it will take time to resolve the things for this new version of Ubuntu 10.10 and if you are restless then it will be better if just downgraded yourself again flaw less work.

No I do not believe that there is some matter with this. I have the new copy installed here on my system and it is functioning very well in my case there. I believe that you will be compulsory to create the installation once more. How did you do the installation? I desire to ask if you went for the simple upgrade or did you went along with the clean installation there. In my case I had done the clean installation and that actually helped me get me the correct version and the correct things here. Please see if you are able to get this in your case done as well.

Yes I am also of the same opinion and let me make it clear that it is running in a fine manner without much difficulties. I would just like to point out some of the new feature of Linux Mint 10 that has been introduced with this version. If at all you are missing on anyone then you are for sure missing on some of the files so it will be really nice if you can have the installation of this package again in your case there. This new Mint 10 has new welcome screen, in addition to this it makes the new applications highlighted that are installed here. It has support for GTK bookmarks and GTK themes. It has well manageable Update manager and Upload manager. Hope that you have all this there and if not then please go for the reinstallation.