Thread: Meego with ION and other Nvidia cards

Meego with ION and other Nvidia cards

I tried to get a functioning Meego on my desktop system, that have a Nvidia Geforce card. The Meego UX works efficiently the Meego intro does play as predictable. I have come across no bug so far. However, it took me some times to functioning, due to the lack of easy wifi configuration with the shell. I utilize opensuse + chroot as a workaround. I think that Nvidia drivers and don't play very fine with automatic install OS like Meego, if someone found a way of constructing them properly in a .ks, I will update mine as shortly as possible. Plases let me know about this.

Re: Meego with ION and other Nvidia cards

You need to find image file where the image file is successfully built. Here’s the tip for linux newbie’s If you are using Fedora if they cannot find .ks file. and terminal say you are not sudo users. Just type su - and follow following instruction :
    Code:
    sudo mic-image-creator –configuration =Nvidia-meego2.ks --format=livecd
    deb repo.meego /MeeGo/tools/repos/ubuntu/10.04/ /
    sudo zypper addrepo repo.meego /MeeGo/tools/repos/opensuse/11.3/ meego-tools

I've got the similar problem. The image boots fine, if i close the laptop's lid and open it once more i can type in the password just fine. The only problem not working is the mouse. I tried the track pad, the hotkeys, a few exterior mice (usb). No luck. It acquire me fairly few hours to obtain it booting (Hp mini 311, what a disaster ), so I’m not giving up now. Any thoughts on the mouse? I attempt a few Xorg.conf edits, no luck. cat /dev/input/mice (or also mouse1 or 0), i get all type of mouse when i move the mouse, so i guess it's functioning. i think that there is some problem with the meego when i install it with the Nvidia graphic card.

If you require downloading the mic.ks, don't use command sudo (or apt-get or zypper) install mic2.ks file .It says it has no --pipe command. So presently download source and compile. But you require some other packages. Mic.ks is depends on. sudo installation mic2 will install them.
    Code:
    sudo yum(zypper or apt-get) install mic2.ks
    sudo yum(zypper or apt-get) delete mic2.ks
    And install mic from downloaded sources.
    Sudo git clone gitorious /meego-creater-tools/image-creator.git
    cd image-creator
    sudo git checkout 0.17  #check Gitorious for the most new tag
    make
    sudo make install