Thread: xorg.conf in Linux Mint for Automatic configuration

xorg.conf in Linux Mint for Automatic configuration

I have skipped the Linux Mint 5t Elyssa however I don’t know at what time the following has happened.
    "Note that several configuration settings that might be done formerly in this file, currently are automatically configured by the server as well as settings here is ignored."
    Where I can find those settings which are automatically configured without my knowledge? How can I get know what they are actually? What will happen if I would like to modify them? Is it possible to switch things to right up to by the use of xorg.conf? Please anybody help me about this issue.

Re: xorg.conf in Linux Mint for Automatic configuration

Running Linux Mint inside VirtualBox may have screen resolution issues for sure and would like to download the xorg.conf (X.Org X Window System server configuration file). This file was made by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration utlity, by the use of values from the debconf datahouse. Alter this file with carefulness, and notice the xorg.conf instruction booklet. Now open the shell prompt and type "man xorg.conf". This file is automatically updated on top of xserver-xorg package promotions barely. If you have altered this file however want it to be routinely updated then run this command.
    Code:
    #  sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

As far as I know in new editions of Linux Mint the xorg.conf file is not present there by default; on the other hand, when formed it will exploit it.
    You can produce a xorg.conf using this code.
    Code:
    Switch to a tty ( press ctrl+alt+f1 (f2,f3 etc)
    Login using your credentials and Then stop xdm by way of
    Code:
    sudo service xdm stop
    After that create a xorg.conf by way of
    Code:
    sudo Xorg -configure
    This code will generate a xorg.conf.new in the root directory. Now shift the auto-generated xorg.conf.new toward /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    Code:
    sudo mv xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    Formulate modifications you would like to attempt
    Code:
    sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    At last begin xdm over again by
    Code:
    sudo service xdm start

Intended for the majority Linux users the xorg.conf file is one of those that generates numerous Linux customers recoil by means of terror ahead the risk of having to put together. There is a motive meant for that, it’s composite. However when you enclose a sympathetic of the portions that framework the complete problem, configuring X Windows turns out to be much, to a great extent easier. On that other hand for several reasons X isn’t functioning or you have precise requirements that the defaulting isn’t gathering. By means of that in mentality you need to smash down the xorg.conf file as a result that you will be capable to troubleshoot your X Windows arrangement at some time some things went wrongly.

The X server is premeditated to effort out-of-the-box, through no call for to physically alter Xorg's configuration files. You must foremost try starting X devoid of generating /etc/X11/xorg.conf. If Xorg won't begin, at that time you can attempt fitting tribulations by the use of the correct configuration files. By defaulting, Xorg makes use of HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) to perceive and organize components like keyboards as well as mice. HAL approaches by way of lots of premade device regulations, furthermore called policies. These rule files are obtainable inside /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/.