Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Startup repair does not work when I try to boot from windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 01-02-2011

Startup repair does not work when I try to boot from windows 7

Today when I turned on my laptop then it was not able to boot and was giving me option for startup repair. So I tried doing it but ended up getting a blue screen with no information on Windows. I even tried to boot in Safe Mode but it didnt work. It will still load some file and ask me to use startup repair which wont work either. I dont have a restore disc as well, so if anyone can tell me how to solve this issue, it would be great help. Thanks

Old 01-02-2011

Re: Startup repair does not work when I try to boot from windows 7

Well, can you try to borrow a Windows 7 full version of disc and then you can try to perform a Startup Repair or System Restore booting from the same disc that you have got. If that doesnt work then you can still try to do a factory default but for that you will need to contact HP for further assistance, go to this contact link of HP - http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html
Old 01-02-2011

Re: Startup repair does not work when I try to boot from windows 7

Even I am facing this similar issue and I want to know how can I manually fix the registry keys because I think that I have messed that up totally. I have a laptop which will not boot to Windows or System Repair either. I also have a Recovery CD which will not boot my laptop either and it will just hang on the Windows 7 wallpaper screen after I choose the type of input keyboard. Can anyone please help me as well. Thanks
Old 03-02-2011

The problem that you are facing might be related to system files that are either corrupt or missing. So, to solve this issue, first disconnect external devices and then restart the computer to check if this helps. If that doesnt work then boot to Last Known Good Configuration. After that access the System Recover Options screen and then try to do a System Restore and see if that helps.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , ,