Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

TFGHT boot error when I boot my system

Operating Systems

Old 01-02-2011

TFGHT boot error when I boot my system

I am running Windows 7 on my computer and whenever I am trying to boot up my pc then I am getting some error that says "TFGHT is compressed press Ctrl+Alt+Del". This issue started happening after I compressed my C: drive and now I am not able to boot up from any CD/DVD of windows 7. Also I cannot enter safe mode but only bios. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Old 01-02-2011

Re: TFGHT boot error when I boot my system

Well, you need to boot your computer from the Windows 7 installation DVD or the repair DVD. After that you have to choose the repair option and then load the drivers. Now you need to go my computer and then right click C: drive where Windows 7 might be installed. After that choose Properties and then uncheck "Compress drive to save disk space" option. Now you need to close and restart the computer to solve this issue.
Old 01-02-2011

Re: TFGHT boot error when I boot my system

I was having the same problem after compressing my SSD drive. The first thing that you should know that you have to ensure to check the boot order in your BIOS and put the CD drive as the first boot drive or else there is also a key that you can press in your motherboard to get into the boot options meny to startup the repair or recovery cd. After following this method everything will be working fine for you.
Old 01-02-2011

First of all you need to disconnect your hard drive and then connect it to some different pc. After that right click on the same hard drive and then go to the Properties and then uncheck the option for Compress this drive to save disk space. Press apply and then it will take some time to finish this process. After that disconnect the same hard drive and connect it to your pc and check if everything is working fine or not.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,