Thread: Can't locate 2 items that are in startup menu

Can't locate 2 items that are in startup menu

Hi all, I have installed the Windows XP on my system. It was running fine for about one month but after that now it has started showing me some problems with it. Now whenever I start the computer then it shows me the warning that says that there are 2 items in my start menu that cannot be located. Both these things are recognized by 2 rectangular boxes that as well come into view in the command heading. The other dissimilarity flanked by these items and the rest within my startup menu is their position is within Windows NT while all the additional items are situated in Windows. Please tell me that how these issues can be avoided.

Re: Can't locate 2 items that are in startup menu

Have you changes something in the msconfig? I am asking this because if you have changes anything in the msconfig then it will start up with the selective mode more willingly than Normal because you have changed it from the default settings. Don’t worry about the warnings if that is not creating any impact on the performance of the computer. This is my advice to you but if you feel it irritating then you can move on to the solution for that.

As you told that your system was running fine earlier and if that is the case then the best thing that you can try to do is the system restore to your computer. This is the best way by which you can take the system back to the working condition. It is a utility by windows that is available in the system tools and if you want to use that then open the system tools and run this utility. This will ask you for the point at which you want to restore the system. Now you have to select the date when it was running OK. Select restore and this will take the system back to that point of time and you will get the system working again.

I think that some of the files from your system is missing and that is the reason t hat Windows is giving you the messages like this at startup. My suggestion to you is to do the repair of the system and see if that is able to solve the problem. If you want to do that then take the bootable OS CD and boot the system with the CD. Let it load all the files for the installation. When it asks you for the type of installation then you have to select repair. Usually you have to press “R” to do that. This will replace all the corrupted and missing files from your computer and your computer may come to working state once again.

Repairing the system may be good option for you but I have seen many of the time that repairing the system does not take the system to the normal condition. So if that is also not working for you then you can do the complete installation of the operating system. Format the C drive completely and install the operating system once again. This time you should format with a new copy of the setup because if the problem is with the setup file then this will keep you away from the problem due to that.