Thread: Ati open source driver and the prop drivers in LinuxMint does not sopport

Ati open source driver and the prop drivers in LinuxMint does not sopport

I have got a Dell Inspiron Laptop , I was dual booting it with LinuxMint and Windows Vista , but then later on face some drivers issue , ati open source driver and the prop drivers pf the LinuxMint drivers does not actually support my laptop system , it has so much degraded the performance of my laptop , so now I have made ip my mind to totally rely on the Windows Vista please guide me if you can as it has turned my laptop so much sluggish and slow . I will appreciate if you give you reply post.

Re: Ati open source driver and the prop drivers in LinuxMint does not sopport

The open source drivers for ATI/AMD are generally functioning very well in my system . I am a bit surprised to hear this from you that it is giving you a lot of pain.Very sorry to hear that they caused you that much problem, personally been using ATI cards for approximately a year now and I have felt it some other way , the open source driver functioning exceptionally well recently. Given that the open source Radean HD 3D driver was launched there is generally no reason opting to the proprietary FLGRX driver.

Well I agree with your fact but vista support tells me that I have the radeon xpress mobile and its not favored and is under support of the linux driver,it does not actually display in the linux prop drivers catalog, just the b43 broadcomm driver does. At the time I will install the prop drivers they will install and the catalyst icon would not work, then after that I type in the command line aticonfig and it informs me no Ati supported(or somewhat like that).

If you have an unsupported graphic's card, you can anticipate a lot slower desktop speeds, as the generic driver will not present any of that graphic card's native (normal speed), because it (that driver) cannot take benefit of that graphic card's functions or characteristics completely..Well it is not about the Linux operating system , Was not Vista the one windows Operating system people really complained about S, that everyone complained about, after the relative constancy of winXP; actually windows 7 contains some of the uncomplicated user operational control back. I reckon you got my point.

But as others have said, it actually is all about preference. I just happened to undertake Mint back at launch 8, was satisfactorily intimidated, and have trapped with various Linuxes ever since. My current Operating system on the laptop is Ultimate version 2.8, which is still dual booting with Vista for the exceptional occasions I must do something Wine or Linux native can not manage , SO I too opted and switch back to the Windows Vista .