Thread: Use of MintInsall Program

Use of MintInsall Program

I had purchased a desktop system few years back , for a while I operated it in Windows xp operating system , then my younger brother demanded me to install any Linux based operating system in it as he belongs to software programming field , so for that reason I installed Linux Mint operating system in my computer, but as there a lots of software that are needed to be installed if you are in the development area , is there any tool that enables to install the software efficiently in the Linux platform , if any one has any kind of idea or expertise on this then please do not hesitate to share with me , i will appreciate your help.

Re: Use of MintInsall Program

Well in that case I will ask you to install the mintInstall software , MinstInstall is a program which permits you to install software on your machine without having to set up any configuration that may include repositories, keys, dependencies , I mean to say you will not need all these things once you have installed all these softwares. I hope you got my point and I think you need to download it and then install it in your system

Well I can tell you on a bit on how it actually works , it actually reads .mint files. If you ask about the mint files , a .mint file is an archive which holds instructions to inform your system and APT on how to install the applications in your system .I will not ask for much effort , you will have to just click on a .mint file and mintInstall will use it to direct APT and install the application for you.

Yes. Let us consider that you wish to install Google Earth in your system . You locate the mint file for Google Earth (at current we are posting this in your post , you click on it in the web brow ser Firefox and your web browser demands you to open mintInstall, and then you need to respond as yes. A dialog will open up opens and displays you what Google Earth is all regarding.. you click "Install" and the remaining part is automatically done for you Under the hood, mintInstall modify your repositories, then it will update your keys and will finally install Google Earth.

Some people have a doubt that whether it changes the repositories. Only though the software is being installed. After this is completed it places them back the manner they were. I think you can also install mintInstall without having to tweak those repositories . So I think as far as now you got all of your doubts been cleared totally , but in case if anything is left please do not feel shy to ask again.