Thread: A step by step Procedure to use system restore

A step by step Procedure to use system restore

Hi guys I am working as an accountant in a well known firm. I need to work on my tally sheets daily. My job is to keep track of all the financial transactions, tally them and prepare a balance sheet on a daily basis. Just few days back I was trying to install a new version of tally so that I can work much better and can give a good output. But suddenly after I installed the software something went wrong and my computer is not working properly. Someone gave me an idea of using system restore option, but I hardly know about computers as I am from a commerce background. So friends if you can help me out with this problem.

Re: A step by step Procedure to use system restore

A simple procedure to use your “System Restore” is as follows. Before you start with tha System Restore, save all your work and close all your programs, because the application will require you to restart the computer. Windows XP periodically records a snapshot of your computer. These snapshots are called restore points. Windows XP also creates restore points at the time of significant system events (such as when an application or driver is installed) or you can create and name your own restore points at any time. One way to access “System Restore ” is through “Help and Support”. Click on “Start ” button and click “Help and Support”. Then under “Pick a task”, click on “Undo changes to your computer with System Restore”, and then just follow simple instructions on the wizard.

There is one more way you can access system restore, and that is through the “All programs menu” option . Before you proceed further close all the applications which you are currently working on. Now click on “Start” button, then “All programs”, then “Accessories”, and next is “System tools”, here you choose “System restore”, you will get a dialogue box where you are required to follow simple steps. System Restore is an application in Microsoft operating systems that allows you to roll back the system files, the registry keys, and even installed programs, etc., to a previous state in case of the system failure. To remove all the files installed by a program that you installed, you must remove the program using the Add or Remove Programs which is a Control Panel component or you can even try using the uninstall option of that program.

I can guide through the wizard. Once you select the “System restore” option a wizard will open. Here is where you need to create a restore point. The purpose of creating this point is that any time you decide making changes to your computer that may be risky or might make your computer slow or unstable. So if things are going wrong, you are supposed to select the restore point that you have created and your operating system will undo any system changes that are made since that point. Now a “System restore” dialogue box will open, here you have to click on “Create a restore point” and hit on “Next” button, now in the restore point description box you need to identify the restore point. System Restore will automatically add the date and time of the creation of restore point. To finish creating this restore point, you now need to click on “Create”. To undo restore point creation and return to the “Welcome to System Restore” screen, you can click on ”Back”. If you desire to cancel the creation of that point and exit the System Restore application, click on “Cancel” option.