Thread: Ubuntu minidlna

Ubuntu minidlna

Hi I am trying to obtain my ubuntu jaunty laptop setup as a media server so that I am able to see my movies on sony bravia. After searching a lot on to this I have found that minidlna which seems to support Sony. But here I weant to know that is there any other way also. I have tried to install it but it does not run. So here I want to know that regarding this does anybody have a clean set of instructions to make this work. In order to fix this I have also downloaded the binaries but when I run the minidlna it gives errors which display me that some file is not being created. And in this I am also not aware about how to set up the conf files. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Ubuntu minidlna

I have also an issue in this. I wanted on my Ubuntu 10.10 minidlna touched down but unfortunately I do not understand these instructions, what is this code mean?
    Code:
    tar -xzf minidlna_1.0.18_static.tar.gz
    If you have any idea regarding this then please help me as soon as it is possible for you guys. And I just want to thank you guys in advance.

"Tar" is the command in the console to uncompress the archives. Just try to double click the file and unzip the archive into the directory manager which is in the manual. Otherwise cd to change directories where you want it
    Code:
     cd /hier/soll/es/entpackt/werden
    and then unpack with tar
    Code:
     tar /home/valle/downloads/minidlna_1.0.18_static.tar.gz

So now I know it's not entirely distributed exactly as the User ID's, so find out we have now user which have User ID of 1000 (I guess that's just a normal user) so you do this as the primary user as you're working as normal id and at the same time do you check that. I am also interested in the output for the second minidlna process
    Code:
     ps -l --pid 2939
    But beware, if you had stopped the service in the meantime, the PID's be different. Is there a specific reason why the rights of media directories are mapped to nobody? Did you start the server as a normal user or as root? So help me in this if you guys have any idea regarding this.

Start the server minidlna times but do not have the startup script but directly.
    1. Shows that he no longer runs: "ps-ef | grep minidlna | grep-may" v grep spend nothing.
    2. Start: "sudo minidlna-d-R-f path / to / your /" config
    Here a lot of debug info is output. One probably you should in the config file only once a directory to find only a few files so that it stays clear.