Thread: bootrec.exe /fixmbr, after that I have to bootrec.exe /fixboot

bootrec.exe /fixmbr, after that I have to bootrec.exe /fixboot

Every day I start my laptop about 2-3 times. After I press the power key, the boot screen comes as well as goes as normal after that at least once a day the Operating System just stops as well as the cursor now flashes in the upper left of the screen. Consequently I load my Operating system CD plus power down. Power up plus boot to the CD. After the OS loads I choose language, recognize the terms after that choose SHIFT F10 plus type bootrec.exe /fixmbr. After that type bootrec.exe /fixboot. The laptop restarts in addition to the whole thing is OK until the subsequently startup plus it may/may not boot up properly. So please tell me some possible suggestion.

Re: bootrec.exe /fixmbr, after that I have to bootrec.exe /fixboot

You may attempt to restore the PC which will restore back the PC to the point while it was functioning fine. To restore the operating system to a previous point in time, you have to select Start, then type system restore in the Search field, in addition to then press System Restore in the Programs list. In the System Restore dialog field, select a different restore point, and afterward select next. In the list of restore points, select restore point that was formed before you start to experience the problem, and afterward select next. Select Finish.

If above answer does not assist, you may execute in-place upgrade as well as make sure if the problem continue. It will install Windows 7 plus keep your applications, files, as well as settings as they were in your preceding edition of Windows. To achieve an upgrade or the “in-place Upgrade” you must roll back to whatsoever Service Pack is on the installation DVD. For example if you have no Service Pack on the DVD, as well as there should not be any Service Pack on the system.

To upgrade the present Windows operating system on your PC to Windows 7, you have to Start the PC and make sure that the present edition of Windows has started. Then press on Start plus then select on Control Panel. Then press on Program as well as after that press on Turn Windows Features On or Off in Programs plus Features. Then you have to Uncheck. Once done, you have to restart the PC. Put in the Windows 7 DVD into the DVD drive as well as then close the drive tray. Stop for a moment for the Setup program to begin mechanically. While the Setup program starts as well as the Install now screen seems, you have to press Install now.