Thread: Unable to see save as option in windows xp

Unable to see save as option in windows xp

I am having a compatible HP Compaq laptop which is recently running on to the windows XP platform, this I mainly utilized for the official and a quantity of the home entertainment reason. The main trouble is along with my machine, actually in this after upgrade the machine into windows XP, a trouble is encounter in my machine. At any time I try to save any photo through internet, by right click on the “save target as” choice, this option not exists. Is there any way in the control panel for this saving choice? Is there anyone having any answer for this difficulty or there is not any kind of tips for this issue?

Re: Unable to see save as option in windows xp

According to my view concerning the difficulty that you are talking about in your post is might be happening because of the registry editor. Either any key is tainted or absent, for that I advise you to go through on procedure this will absolutely helps you to resolve the difficulty. So to fix this you have to tick on run cmd under start menu, and there you have to type “regedit” and press on ENTER. This will open the registry prompt window, then this is the registry key HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions (for Internet explorer). So in that you have to check the parameter of the registry key is set on Browser save as option, and only through that alter the string value. If you are making use of the internet explorer then the string value should be 0 or you I suggest you to delete that one.

Related to this matter I believe in this that the browser from where you are trying to save the file in your machine might be any difficulty along with the browser. So for this I advise you to re-install the browser application program, and after that you have to remove all visual effects or the add-ins those are useful or running in the browser, for the reason that sometimes this type of difficulty might be occurs for the external visual effects. Go through this procedure, I hope this will definitely help you to solve the matter.

I am also going through the similar matter in my Dell machine, where I installed Firefox browser and along with that I also making use some of the browser plug ins. Yesterday while I attempted to save an image file in my machine by right tick on the image and choose the save target as choice, So this does not allows me to save that file in to my system, at the time of saving any image file in my system so at that time it shows a pop-up message into the screen, the directory is lost from the machine. I tried to save other file in the similar procedure, but this one also not allowed me to save by this procedure, what should I do? Regarding this I have searched everywhere for the answer, but found not anything. So I am here for getting any solution for this difficulty. Suggest me something to solve this problem.

After reading all the replies which is given over here I will say regarding this that Repair the browser application, this is totally happening because of the browser, I am having an experience of this issue. After consult through a technical person, he suggests me to repair the browser application in my machine, this occurred for that application. And after completing this procedure the difficulty is solved, at the present there is not any kind of issue regarding this happening in to my system, I can save any file type in my system by the save target as choice. So for repair the browser, you have to go into the control panel and from there open the program and attribute From the drop down list locate the application name and tick on it, after doing this in this you have to choose the repair option or this option will also come into view if you run the installation program of the browser application. Attempt with this process; I hope this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.