Thread: System Restore Point keeps logging me into a temporary profile in windows 7

System Restore Point keeps logging me into a temporary profile in windows 7

I mapped my c:\Users folder to d:\users utilizing the following command prompt commands utilizing Windows 7 DVD. Though, after Acrobat 9.3 Was installed, my Outlook is giving some problem. Consequently I am thinking I would now attempt a restore point to resolve whatever just occurs. I am scared Windows does not recognize where my profiles are mapped to. It continues logging me into a temporary profile which is valueless. The entire of the data is still there, however I am not able to log on to my profile regardless of what. Any new profile I generate still gets mapped correctly to d:\users, but it will not load that one earlier profile. How do I obtain my profile back?

Re: System Restore Point keeps logging me into a temporary profile in windows 7

Windows is not the merely thing that is confused regarding your profile folders. You might have to hack the registry to obtain things back to usual; through adjusting the value that states where the profile folders are situated. You will locate it in: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList. If this will be my system after that I would place the profiles back where they came from in addition to undo the junction.

In Windows XP it was fairly simple to manipulate profiles. In Windows 7 it seems to be much tougher. Here is a process I have utilized once previous. It is composite, it needs good ability at the Command Prompt as well as I make no promises regarding its efficiency you have to obtain the Default profile out of the way. Then you have to make a Default profile. Create it a duplicate of your unreachable profile. Then generate a new user. Then Copy the fresh Default profile on top of the fresh user's profile.

This may help you from my opinion you have to rename the issue profile folder to "Default" in its place of copying it. This is clearly much quicker however we do not identify if Windows is going to perform somewhat sneaky though the folder is called "Default". Then generate an exclusion record for robocopy so that it skips the entire video, sound as well as picture files. You be able to fetch them later on, e.g. by shifting complete folders from one profile folder to the other. I generally run robocopy at the command prompt by means of these switches: /s /r:1 /w:1. As well as I would depart the profile folders where they are, especially on other citizens systems.