Thread: Media Security Violation message while restore windows XP backup files to Windows 7

Media Security Violation message while restore windows XP backup files to Windows 7

I have a backup of my private files on disk in which I backed up on a PC utilizing Windows XP Professional. unluckily this PC is no longer functioning as well as I have since purchase a new PC which utilizes Windows 7 Home Premium. I download from Microsoft, the NT Backup Restore Utility onto my latest PC consequently that I be able to restore my private files onto my new PC. While I attempt restoring, I keep receiving a box showing with the heading 'Media Security Violation' with the msg ‘This media has been protected. You do not have the correct privileges'. I believe this is for the reason that while I backed up my files on my Windows XP PC, I password protected it. Please tell me some suggestion.

Re: Media Security Violation message while restore windows XP backup files to Windows 7

I would recommend you to run NTBackup utility as an administrator. To perform this, you just hve to go to start key after that in the search field you have to type in ntbackup.exe. after you have done this things you have to Now have to right press on ntbackup.exe that come into view in programs (On top) as well as choose “run as administrator”. After doing this entire thing you have to make sure that if you be able to restore the files.

Re: Media Security Violation message while restore windows XP backup files to Windows 7

In Microsoft Windows, NTBackup is the inbuilt backup utility system that is accessible to Windows users to defend as well as safeguard their vital data from receiving lost in times while corruption have an effect on the unusual files. You be able to make backup copies of your new files plus folders utilizing this backup system. At first, NTBackup was launch with Windows NT Operating System edition plus later on, it was made a component of the entire subsequent Windows NT edition up to as well as contain 2000, XP and 2003.

If you would like to restore XP backup in Windows 7), Microsoft has provided the ability, wherein, you be able to download NTBackup, which is made obtainable at the Microsoft website. In Windows XP, you must have formed the backup utilizing NTBackup, which is not a division of Windows 7. Now, if you would like to restore windows XP backup file in Windows 7, subsequently you would require NTBackup for this reason; because, merely after that, you be able to restore windows XP back up in Windows 7. Later than downloading NTBackup, you be able to obtain a third-party back up file recovery tool to restore windows XP backups.

Restoring XP backup in Windows 7 would contain this two steps – initial to install NTBackup as well as after that to install a third-party backup recovery tool if your back up file is corrupted or spoil. After installing NTBackup, you will be capable to read back up files in Windows 7. You be able to download NTBackup from Microsoft website free of charge.