Thread: Windows 7: Diagnostic Policy Service not starting

Windows 7: Diagnostic Policy Service not starting

I have installed Windows 7 on my computer. When I try to start Diagnostic Policy Service it simply prompts with following message on the screen. ‘Windows could not start the diagnostic policy service on local computer. error access is denied’. I don’t have any idea to recover from this situation. Hence I am asking to all of you to suggest me appropriate solution in this particular situation. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7: Diagnostic Policy Service not starting

Well I really don’t know why this problem is happening in your case. But I can let you something about Diagnostic Policy Service which might be helpful to you. Well Diagnostic Policy Service is a set of tool which allows you to diagnose the problem in memory, disk and network. Even it warns you so that you can react immediate or at least you can save your data before anything goes wrong. Well it’s a part of WDI.

Well looking at the situation which you have mentioned above I am unable to figure out the root cause of the problem. I want to some more details to get root cause of the problem. First of all from exactly when you getting the error message? Also tell me have you done any changes on you commuter just before the beginning of the problem. I mean to say whether there is any hardware or software changes are done.

I am having a solution in this particular situation which you can use to solve the problem.
    1. You have to click on the Start menu and enter services.msc in search box and press enter from the keyboard.
    2. Now you have to navigate to Diagnostic Policy Service. Now you should right click on the service and choose Restart from the right click menu.
    3. Now you have to right click on the Diagnostic Policy Service and choose properties.
    4. Now navigate to General tab and you should check whether Startup Type is set as Automatic.

Well looking at the situation I am suggesting you that you should try to perform system restore. You have to select the restore point where the issue did not exist. See that it helps you or not. You can use the following instruction to perform system restore. You have to click on the Start menu and enter System Restore in to Start search box. Now you have to click on System Restore. If it is requested for the admin password enter the same.