Thread: Windows 7: Corrupt configuration registry database

Windows 7: Corrupt configuration registry database

I am using Window 7 x32 past 4 months. Yesterday night I was trying to backup and restore utility of the Windows 7. It was continuously failing and prompting following error message which can be stated as’ configuration registry database is corrupt ‘. I am unable to get why it is happening in this situation. Please tell me appropriate suggestion to recover my registry database of the system. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Re: Windows 7: Corrupt configuration registry database

Looking at the information which you have provided I am unable to figure out the root cause of the problem. Can you tell me that you are getting any error code with above mentioned error message? What exactly you are doing? Whether you are trying to back up data or trying to restore all the back up data. Let me know whether you are using external hard disk to back up data. Answer the question so that I can let you know about the solution.

I think you should go with SFC. Well you can use SFC to scan your computer. Well to use SFC you have to use following instruction.
    1. You have to click on the Start menu and go to All Programs. Now click on the Accessories where you have to right click on the Command prompt. You have to click on Run as Administrator from the right click menu.
    2. In any case it asks for the admin password simply enter it. Now copy paste the following command on command prompt.
      Code:
      sfc /scannow
    It will scan your system files and repair if it required .

Have you tried to repair your system by using Windows 7 DVD? I am suggesting you that you should put Windows 7 DVD on the DVD drive and select Advanced boot Option and choose Startup Repair. It will repair system files which are damaged due to unknown reason. I am hoping that it will help you out from this particular situation. I will let you know if I come across with any other suggestion. Thanks a lot in advance.

You can use the following command on the command prompt and see whether it helps you to solve the matter. Copy paste on the command prompt and press enter.
    Code:
    scanreg/restore
    If it does not help you to solve the matter then go for registry restore. Still problem persist then you have enter in to safe mode and go for System Configuration Editor. Now you have to uncheck Autoexec.bat and Config.sys from the startup tab. I will be delighted if any of above solutions helps you to solve the matter.