Thread: Windows 7 starts only in safe mode after installation of Norton 360

Windows 7 starts only in safe mode after installation of Norton 360

I have a dell inspiron laptop and I have a windows 7 operating system installed in it. I had got a trial version of Norton antivirus from some of my friend. So I installed it and used it for sometime. After that I installed the full version of Norton 360. Well I have noticed that after installation of the Norton my windows only starts in the safe mode. I have tried doing rebooting of the system several times but that also did not give me any result. It also fails to open the internet explorer browser even if it is connected to the internet. Can you please explain me what all methods can I try to see the system run successfully. I am hoping that you will be able to get back to me with the appropriate solutions.

Re: Windows 7 starts only in safe mode after installation of Norton 360

Well if you ask me I would advise you to remove the particular antivirus program and install it again. This will help you in knowing that who the culprit is. You can go to the control panel and try uninstalling the Norton 360 completely from the system. After that do close any applications that are running in the system. After doing that you have to do a clean installation of the antivirus program in the system. Do get all the updates that are available from the Norton websites and install them accordingly. After doing that reboot the system and see if there is any changes. I hope this suggestion helps you in solving the problem.

I think so the above solution would be a perfect one for you do try it. In case you are not getting the appropriate solution then I would advise you to try with the repair install of the windows 7 files. Just try doing that it will definitely help you. In case if that also did not help then my advice would be to try with the clean installation of the windows 7. This would be the safe bet. Since you will be able to start fresh new. Do remember that while performing this operation keep a backup of all the important data of your system. Do try it if you are not getting any appropriate result on uninstalling the antivirus program.

There might be a possibility that the installation of the particular antivirus program was not done properly. Have you uninstalled the trial version that you were using before installing Norton 360. It is always necessary to completely uninstall any antivirus program from the system before the installation of any other antivirus program. Anyways if you have files of both the versions it is advisable now to remove both of them from the system. After that do try with the fresh installation of the antivirus program in the system. This will definitely help.

Hey thanks for the suggestions everyone. Well let me tell you that I have got the appropriate result here. I followed the same thing that you had asked me to do. Well I uninstalled the antivirus program from the system and did a clean installation of the program and surprisingly it really worked for me. Now my system is running properly. After the uninstallation of the program I noticed that the system is running well. I thought of doing a clean installation of the antivirus program again and see if it is working fine or not. Surprisingly it worked really well. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.