Thread: Unable to Load kernel module

Unable to Load kernel module

I try to run the interface of Ubuntu Netbook on my Desktop Ubuntu 10.10. The problem is that I get the error message saying: "No driver is required detected" my thread is about this error. It seems that is either a problem of recognition of the graphics card. Actually recently I am making use of the Nvidia 9400M. I visited the site to install the latest stable driver which is NVIDIA-Linux-x86-260.19.29.run for the Nvidia 9400M. And after that the main trouble begins and in this I followed many of the Doc file related to this issue, several dealing with the topic but still about the same problem. So if you guys have any suggestion regarding this then please help me.

Re: Unable to Load kernel module

After reading this here I just do not understand that why you are doing like this.Why do you try to make things complicated when it's very simple. To install Ubuntu 10.10 on a "clean" the proprietary driver for your nVidia 9400M mobile GC: just go to System -> Administration -> Device Drivers. And in this if no choice is available, go to System -> Administration -> Software Sources and check the first tab (Ubuntu Software) section "Device Drivers owners" is checked. If it was already checked, run System -> Administration -> Manager updates, to update the list of available packages, if you just turn it on, the update will be applied when the user closes the window " Software Sources ". An Internet connection must be active course. So this is what I know regarding this and I am sure that it will help you in orsder to get solution for your query.

Actually U.10.10 direct access to sources of software has not been validated. To access it: System -> Administration -> Synaptic Package Manager -> Settings -> Repositories. But in this you just wrote System -> Administration -> Device Drivers -> which is not the same thing. Now to see if the nVidia proprietary driver which is actually installed so you have to follow this i.e. System -> Administration -> and you must have an entry NVIDIA X Server Settings -> click on it and you will see all the details. So like this you can find out these things.

actually whatever is stated above I have tried that in that I got nothing. Actually I follow this i.e. In System -> Administration -> Device Drivers -> but in this I have nothing Then in System -> Administration -> Synaptic Package Manager -> Settings -> Repositories. box "Device Drivers owners" is already checked and the update is already complete. So I'm still not able to select driver and still no access to NVIDIA X Server Settings that does not exist System -> Administration. Please help me in this issue.