Thread: How to turn boot menu off in windows 7.

How to turn boot menu off in windows 7.

I have a sony vaio laptop using windows 7 operating system. I have noticed that whenever I start the windows it gives me a boot menu to select windows 7 in order to proceed to the screen. I am very fed up of such options I want to completely disable such feature from my system. So do you have any idea how can we do that. I also have tried searching In the internet but I was unable to get any appropriate solutions for it. So I would be happy if you could suggest me some good solution for my problem.

Re: How to turn boot menu off in windows 7.

Well I can definitely suggest you some solutions for your problem. Well what you have to do is try the below steps that I have given to you.
    1) First go to the my computer option after that right click on it and select the properties.
    2) After selecting you will get the different tabs. You will have to select the advanced tab.
    3) You will get to see the startup and the recovery option.
    4) You will have to click on the settings. Under that you will get the list of operating system that’s you want to select. Select the operating system that you want.
    5) After having done that you will get the option of time to display list of operating systems.
    6) You will have to check that particular option after having done that, you will have to select the timer to 0. Then click on ok.
    7) Once done with that reboot the system and see the changes.
    I hope the above solution will definitely help you.

Well I definitely agree with the above user. You can definitely go with the above method. In case you want to try something new then I would advise you to go with the bcd command. With the help of the bcd command you will definitely be able to delete the presently existing options that you are getting in the boot menu. So you can try running the bcd command it will definitely give you a proper result. For more such methods on the specific bcd command you can have a search in the internet for the specific method. You will definitely get some help there.

Even I think the above two solutions are the most appropriate of them all. You can try with any one of them. In case you are not getting the results after trying all the above two steps then the final solution would be to have a talk with the Microsoft people regarding this specific problem they will definitely help you with the issue. Since they must be having some idea how to disable such feature. This can be the last option that you can try if you are not getting the appropriate solution.

Thanks for the appropriate solutions. Well let me tell you that I have got my problem solved. I need to thank you all for the informative suggestions that you have given to solve the issue. Well I was not aware of that method. I tried with the simple steps and I got the desired result for it. I did not try with the bcd command since I was not clear with the concept. However now I don’t have any problems during booting of the system. I do not get to see such options while booting. Thanks for the efforts.