Thread: Windows 7 freezes while coming off the screen saver

Windows 7 freezes while coming off the screen saver

I have a dell inspiron laptop. At first I had a windows vista operating system in my laptop. Later I upgraded my operating system with the windows 7 64 bit operating system. Well the problem is that whenever I leave my laptop idle for sometime the screen saver comes in and when I resume with my work, I notice that my system has got totally hanged. I am not able to move my mouse or do anything. End task, ctrl +alt+del buttons do not give any result. The last option left before me is to restart the system. However one point to note here is that it does not freezes while doing anything else. It just interferes while a screensaver is switched on. I know the problem is little strange then also if you have any other solutions for me then do let me know as early as possible.

Re: Windows 7 freezes while coming off the screen saver

Well I would advise you to install the proper drivers from the dell websites. There are different drivers available for the different hardware’s for your specific laptop. There might be some problem with the drivers that the new operating system is not supporting it. So it is best to get a new driver installed which is compatible with the windows 7 operating system. So first do try with the above solution this will definitely help you. Do let me know if it works for you.

I would advise you to keep a necessary updates of the windows that are available in the Microsoft websites. It is always necessary to keep your windows updated with the latest versions. You can also have a look at the windows event viewer. Having a look at that will definitely give you a fair idea of the problem that you are facing now. You will get the detailed report of the error that you are facing now. Well the one thing to note here is that you will be able to check the windows event viewer only if you are having the administrator rights. So do have a look at that option also it will definitely help you.

I think the appropriate solution here would be to run any active program when you are leaving the computer for some time. I am talking about the programs like bit torrent which keeps on running in the background and it will not allow your system to remain idle. Even I was facing this problem quite some time ago and the temporary solution that I have found is this one. So even you try with this particular solution though it is a temporary solution no one is able to find out any permanent solutions for the problems that are given by the windows 7.

I have tried with the above method of using the bit torrent application it has given me some temporary relief. Well I am unable to get any permanent solution for this particular problem. I need to thank you all for all the suggestions that you have given to solve this issue. I am trying to have a talk with the dell people regarding this particular problem. Let’s hope I get a solution early for this particular problem.