Thread: Repair failed - BSOD on startup "corrupt boot file”

Repair failed - BSOD on startup "corrupt boot file”

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Essentially I have upgraded from Windows Vista 32 bit moreover did a clean install to Windows 7 professional 64 bit. Aas I made the exchange, I have been receiving random BSOD's at what time starting up. It does allow me start up every now and then, and after that others frequently crashes. One time, startup repair go online, and I consider the trouble was resolved. On the other hand, sure sufficient I am back in the similar situation. Start up repair states "corrupt boot file” after that "repair failed". Can anybody assist me with what that means accurately, and how I can hope to resolve it . Thanks very much.

Re: Repair failed - BSOD on startup "corrupt boot file”

I would like to know whether you have performed nay hardware or software changes to your system previous to installing Windows 7. Attempt the following troubleshooting steps and let us be familiar with if they assist.

1. Try unplugging the video card.
    2. Make use of only 2GB of RAM if you have above 2.
    3. Try to disable sound in the BIOS
    4. As well as disable the network interface controller
    5. Unplug the entire secondary hardware apart from the monitor, keyboard plus mouse

You can make use of the Bootrec.exe tool within the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) on the way to troubleshoot as well as repair the following items in Windows Vista or else Windows 7: A master boot record (MBR), boot sector, Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store. You can follow the below mentioned procedure to run the Bootrec.exe tool.
    1. You need to insert the Windows 7 installation disc in the disc drive
    2. Press any key at what time you are prompted.
    3. Choose a language, time and currency as well as an input method, and after that click Next.
    4. Now Click on Repair your computer.
    5. After select the operating system which you would like to repair, plus after that click Next.
    6. click Command Prompt in the System Recovery Options dialog box
    7. In the command prompt window type bootrec /RebuildBcd, after that press ENTER.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have tried this. I did go to the command prompt in the way you mentioned. On the other hand, for several reasons I think it was stating it cannot get any windows installations. It said somewhat similar to, 0 installations found at what time I ran that. I did speak operation finished successfully, however when it displaying 0 for installations, I do not believe it worked. I was in reality not even able to boot up once more. Just now I reformatted plus reinstalled. However, I did this prior to and still had the same trouble. Thanks very much for your assist in this complicated process.

I also have this issue. As per you suggestions I have tried to run my system in safe mode but still have the same trouble. I have also attempted to run my system in Clean boot sate but still have the same issue. I have also performed the sfc/scannow and it did not find any corrupt or damaged file on my system. I am still having this annoying trouble and if you have any other suggestion related to this issue, please let me know so that I can get rid of this trouble.