Thread: Running Dell Diagnostics in my Dell System

Running Dell Diagnostics in my Dell System

Hello friends , My system is a Dell branded system , if to be precise I have got a Dell Dimension e521 desktop system. Since a few days I was facing an issue in my system , to resolve it I called tech , later on I had to wait for a long time to get my call connected , the call went long and he discovered and found out a lot issue and was asking me to do the Dell Diagnostic tool , but then my call got disconnected and I do not have that much time to wait in the queue so can you please elaborate what is this tool all about, e connected , so I wrote in this issue I think , so you can. P.S I use Windows 7 operating system.

re: Running Dell Diagnostics in my Dell System

If you face an issue with Dell system , you can without any hesitation do the checks in "Finding Solutions" and run the Dell Diagnostics prior to you contact Dell for technical assistance. Running the Dell Diagnostics might assist you and bring you the resolution for the issue without contacting Dell. If you do get in touch with Dell, the experiment results can give significant information for Dell's service and support workforce.

The Dell Diagnostics permits you to do the following operations:
    • You have the options to do the express, extended, or custom tests on one or all peripherals in your Dell system.
    • Choose tests based on a indication of the issue you are having.
    • Select how many times a experiment is run.
    • You can show the test results.
    • You can terminate testing if an error is diagnosed.
    • It is advisable always online help information that explains the tests and devices.
    • Obtain status messages that inform you whether tests finished effectively.
    • Obtain error messages if issues are detected.

It is suggested that you print the above mentioned measures before you start.Let me bring to your notice that make use of the Dell Diagnostics only to test your Dell computer. Using this utility with other brand system can produce in error messages.Go into system setup evaluation your computer's configuration information, and make sure that the device you wish to check shows in system setup and is lively.

Initiate the Dell Diagnostics from either your hard drive or for this you can also make use of the from the Drivers and Utilities CD (also referred as the ResourceCD).
    Initiating the Dell Diagnostics From Your Hard disk

• Shut down and restart the computer.
      When you see the DELL logo appears, tap the <F12> 3 -4 times .
      NOTE: If you obtain a message saying that no Diagnostics utility partition has been located , follow the orders to execute the Dell Diagnostics from your Drivers and Utilities CD.
    • If you wait for too much time and the system boots to Windows , then you will have to repeat the same steps. and then you will encounter Microsoft Windows logo , keep waiting unless you see the Windows desktop. Then turn off your system through the Start menu and try again.
    • When you see the boot device list you are supposed to highlight Boot to Utility Partition and press <Enter> key .
    • When the Dell Diagnostics Main Menu comes into the view you can choose the test according to your choice .

Hello friends , My system is a Dell branded system , if to be precise I have got a Dell Dimension e521 desktop system. Since a few days I was facing an issue in my system , to resolve it I called tech , later on I had to wait for a long time to get my call connected , the call went long and he discovered and found out a lot issue and was asking me to do the Dell Diagnostic tool , but then my call got disconnected and I do not have that much time to wait in the queue so can you please elaborate what is this tool all about, e connected , so I wrote in this issue I think , so you can.