Thread: 100 MB system recovery partition prevents Windows 7 to boot

100 MB system recovery partition prevents Windows 7 to boot

I have started to face very strange problem from past two days and I am not having any idea to recover. Hence I am going to discuss with you all so that you tell me appropriate suggestion to solve the matter. Well I am having two hard disks which are 0 and 1. I have installed Windows 7 on hard disk 0. Hence 100 MB system recovery partition created automatically on hard disk 1. Now I don’t know why Disk 1 is failing and I am unable to boot my computer. Now I don’t have by idea to recover from this situation. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: 100 MB system recovery partition prevents Windows 7 to boot

Well looking at your situation I am having following solution which you can apply and see whether it helps you or not.
    1. First of all you have to set BIOS so that it can utilize your DVD derive as primary boot device
    2. You have to boot your Windows 7 by using Windows 7 installation DVD.
    3. You have to press any key from the keyboard if it prompted as ‚ Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …’
    4. Now you have to choose language, a time and currency and an input method and simply click on the Next button.
    5. Now choose Repair your computer.

It will direct to System Recovery Options dialog box from where you have to select drive where you have installed Windows and simply click on Next. Now you have to search for Startup Repair in the System Recovery Options dialog box and click on it to proceed.

Well I want to say thanks for prompt reply. Well the procedure which you had provided is to long any how I have managed to perform. However it did not help me to solve the matter. It simply prompts that repair is unable to fix the issue. Still I am unable to boot the system with using Disk 2 which already having system recovery partition on it and which have to be removed from it. I had also tried with replacing the 100 MB file but it did not seem to work at all. Well I am really annoyed with this particular situation. Anyone who can help me will be highly appreciated.

I was having the same problem and I have done lots of research to solve the matter and I have found that by repairing your Master Boot Record file you can get rid of this problem. Well now question is how to begin? Well it’s very simple and you can use the following instruction.
    1. You have to set DVD drive as primary boot device from the BIOS of your system.
    2. Now boot your computer using Windows 7 installation DVD. Now you have to choose language, a time, currency and input method and click on the Next button.
    3. Now you have to click on Repair your computer.
    4. Now you have to select Command prompt. Now enter following piece of code on the command prompt.
      Code:
      bootsect /nt60 SYS
    ]If does not work them enter the following
    Code:
    bootsect /nt60 ALL
    Now you have to remove DVD from the Drive and restart your computer

Well I let you know that Windows 7 is having an option which helps you to resize. I mean you can increase or decrease the size of the partition if you needed. You can utilize Disk Management utility which helps you to do the same without involving any 3rd party applications. You can click on Control Panel and enter ‘partitions’ or ‘hard disk’ on the search bar. You will find options which states that ‘Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions’ beneath of Administrative Tools. Using this option you can run Disk Management utility on your computer. You can either increase or decrease the partition size by simply right clicking on it. Depending on the option you have select that is shrink or extend it will direct to either Shrink Volume or Extend Volume.