Thread: Boot partition disappears after standby or hibernate ?

Boot partition disappears after standby or hibernate ?

My System Specifications are :Gigabyte EP35 DS3L motherboard and if asked about the processor it is Intel Q6600 2.40GHz Proc and I have recently purchased 4GB G.Skill PC6400 RAM there are 3 hard drives in my system , one is of 1 TB is for booting the machine with 5 partitions , the second is of 250GB purely for gaming, and the third one is of 80 GB for backup storage , all this come from Western Digital , and a Microsoft Keyboard and Sidewinder Mouse , please can you tell me why my system' partition disappear after stand by or when I hibernate the system. Please help me as I cannot do anything to sort this issue out.

re: Boot partition disappears after standby or hibernate ?

I would recommend you to try doing a startup repair and see whether it works in your case .Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can resolve a few system issues that may stop Windows from starting. Startup Repair examines your computer for the issues and then tries to fix it so your system can start properly. I think this tool will definitely bring your issue to an end . In case you are unable to navigate through this then please post back I will explain you again.

Well I think I can tell you why you are actually facing this type issue , if you are using Windows xp and as you had mentioned that you have installed three hard drives in your system , I thin your system is not permitting you to do so , so lets test it , for a while you can remove the hard drive of your gaming and then reboot the system from your main booting hard drive and then you can stand by your system and see if the same thing persists again , please post your current scenario and get me updated .

Well such things can also occur if your video card is not updated , you have mentioned about your processor , your 3 hard drives , and even about your mouse and keyboard in your system specification , but you failed to mention anything about the extension card being installed in your system . If you have a video card in your system I think you need to upgrade its drivers and also check the hard disk using chkdk command in the command prompt.

Well you can try all the above suggestions posted in the above posts.Well there is one more method to detect the partition drive , you can run the recovery tool if there , you can use the recovery tool , while you recover the drives just check your whether your system partition hard drives gets detected or not , well I think they should, any ways all the best. Hope this solves your problem.