Thread: My screen does not light after booting with live cd Ubuntu 10.10

My screen does not light after booting with live cd Ubuntu 10.10

I just want to try Ubuntu, so for that reason I have downloaded the latest version, I burned the image and I booted it. Everything goes well, I have a screen a little purple with two icons below but after my screen goes blank while the cd is still running. I wonder if there a solution? Actually regarding this I have visited many of the forum site but not able to get appropriate solution for my issue. So as soon as it is possible for you guys please help me.

Re: My screen does not light after booting with live cd Ubuntu 10.10

I had this trouble, if that's what I think. Is this the purple screen contains the menu with "Try Ubuntu" or "Install Ubuntu"? If this is not the case, try to press a button (I pressed delete me) when the screen with icons appears purple. So whatever I know regarding this I have just explain you over here and I hope this will help you. And please post your report over here so that others a lso take the advantage of this.

The menu of the Ubuntu CD-ROM offers several options:
    • Try Ubuntu without changing anything on your computer: This menu item performs the loading of a live session. Thus, you can try and use Ubuntu without installing anything on the computer that serves as your host, which is very useful to get a first look at Ubuntu. From a live session, you can also install Ubuntu by running the installer, if you wish. This mode can be useful if you need to change some settings before you install Ubuntu (proxy configuration ...);
    • Installing Ubuntu: This entry load the installation system directly from Ubuntu. This is useful especially for those used to Ubuntu that Ubuntu install or relocate to a new computer without necessarily load an entire live session;
    • Check if the disk contains errors: This input performs an integrity check of the CD-ROM installation of Ubuntu. If you try to install Ubuntu and your attempts will soldent all a failure, this tool is very useful: it verifies that your copy of the CD-ROM Ubuntu is without error, without fault;
    • Test memory: This input performs an integrity check of memory (RAM) your computer. If your computer is too slow and crashes at regular intervals, a possible cause of this disturbance is defective RAM modules. Conduct an audit of the RAM on your computer detects a defective bar;
    • Boot from first hard disk: This input passes the baton to the bootloader of the operating system installed in the main hard drive of your computer. Useful if, by mistake, he switched his computer having forgotten to remove the CD-ROM Ubuntu!

Thank you for everything.

A live session does not record anything on your hard drive, any action is temporary, so if you create a document in a live session of Ubuntu, it will also be cleared at the next turning on your computer. Moreover, since most non-essential files are retrieved on the fly from the CD of Ubuntu, a live session is necessarily a less reactive system permanently installed in hard disk drives. However, the session live is a very practical way to test Ubuntu and its tools, the compatibility of its hardware with Ubuntu and repair a corrupt system. The CD-ROM Ubuntu live CD is sometimes called, because it can load a Ubuntu live session in a computer. And the Desktop CD (CD-ROM workstations) is generally preferred because the CD-ROM Ubuntu is designed to be practical for users of workstations, uniting in a single mode media session and a live installation mode.