Thread: Help needed to run chkdsk on Windows 7

Help needed to run chkdsk on Windows 7

I have run numerous registry cleaners to clean the whole thing. I attempt to fragment my drive my PC just encouraged up a message showing that a few of the file was corrupted, as well as asked me to run chkdsk utility. I do not know what I have to do I am new in this field so please tell me some suggestion so that I can solve this issue as soon as possible any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Help needed to run chkdsk on Windows 7

Chkdsk need exclusive right to a volume when it is running. Chkdsk might show a prompt asking if you would like to make sure the disk the next time you restart your PC. Chkdsk might acquire a long time to run, depending on the amount of files as well as folders, the mass of the volume, disk performance, as well as obtainable system resources. Chkdsk might not exactly report detail in read-only mode.

You are attempting to run chkdsk after Windows starts yet in safe mode, Windows is running. You require running chkdsk after booting straightly into Recovery Console. As well, I did confirm that the entire your files/folders/stuff is backed up before hand. As well note chdksk be able to take a long time to run. Do not interrupt it. If the screen does not appear to update, do not believe it is hanging. Unless you provide it as a minimum 30+ minutes for the screen % growth to alter.

You have to start your PC utilizing the Windows startup disks or the Windows installation disk if your PC be able to boot from the CD. While the Setup screen, click R to choose the repair alternative. If you have a PC with dual or multiple booting, choose the Windows installation that you would like to get from the Recovery Console. You have to type chkdsk / r on the command prompt on the drive in addition to hit ENTER. After that at the command prompt, you have to type exit in addition to hit ENTER to start your PC