Thread: After Windows Update Installation, windows 7 will not boot

After Windows Update Installation, windows 7 will not boot

I am running windows 7 on my Dell 570 laptop and this morning windows installed an update and when I reboot my laptop, it hang at the starting window and windows logo is not coming. After this I shut down the laptop and when I rebooted once more, I get an message saying that a change in hardware or software might cause this error and it prompts me to choose to repair my computer or else boot windows normally. When I start windows normally it is freezing at the starting windows logo. After that, I tried to load Windows from the disk; moreover it will get to the Starting Windows page as well as freeze. I have also tried loading the windows in the safe mode but still I am getting the same error. If you have any suggestion regarding to this issue, please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your suggestion.

Re: After Windows Update Installation, windows 7 will not boot

The laptop is supposed to boot up very well with windows 7 DVD for the reason that the source for booting is dissimilar. As a result if the laptop is not starting from windows DVD in that case it might be a setting in BIOS or it is a hardware fault. I will recommend you to load BIOS defaults as well as attempt to boot from windows 7 DVD. If the systems start then make use of the following step. When the system boot you may possibly perform a startup repair. Hope this will help you to get rid of this trouble.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have reset the BIOS defaults as well as booted from the DVD. But have the same trouble. Also attempted repair however hangs at "Loading Files" as well as will not take me to the next display. And in the Safe mode it stops at the classpnp.sys driver. I have also verify the drive for errors by means of F10 (Dell), furthermore no errors were found.Someone suggest me that the classpnp.sys driver was terrible and inform me to install a Linux operating system as well as restore that driver. I attempted booting Linux Ubuntu as well as Linux Mint from a disk furthermore no chance on that front either.Thanks for the suggestions.

I also had the similar trouble. When shutting down my laptop, Windows installed a sequence of updates. At what time I attempted to start the PC, it got hang up on the Windows splatter display. I also attempted to boot into safe mode, however it will for all time hang up while loading the classpnp.sys driver. Once more I attempted to start in safe mode, watched it load files, see that it hang up again on classpnp.sys, after that go to lunch. I left the laptop running during that occasion. At what time I came back, Windows was up. Thus I perform a system restore back to a point previous to the updates were made. The laptop after that did an automatic reboot. One time it gets to the Windows splash screen, it hangs once more. On the other hand, subsequent to 10 minutes, Windows lastly loaded.

I am having the similar trouble by means of an old HP Pentium 4 running windows 7, after I install the updates it is getting stuck on the starting windows splatter display, so what I perform is presently go back to a earlier system image which I have on my HDD furthermore this acquires a whilst to restore the whole thing previous to the update was installed. This problem occurs at least 5 occasions a month for me as well as I previously attempted the error checking and defragged my disk, as a result I would like to make out this trouble resolved, for the reason that I am tiered of restoring my system a lot of times in month.