Thread: Getting error while installing Kubuntu

Getting error while installing Kubuntu

Hello everyone, I bought it about two years ago an HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop. This computer was OS Windows Vista Home Edition. Of course I did not stay with this "OS" if one can call it that, but then, I was interested to install Windows XP at the time but because of SATA hard drive XP was unable to move, so I decided to wait for the windows 7. This Sunday I got my first BSOD with my computer BSOD due to an unknown reason but that made me problems. Indeed, from Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) crashing about 5 minutes after starting the computer. Only it crashed without warning, and left me there on my computer to be able to move the mouse, and that's it. So I could not do anything, even the extraction of data on my external hard drive I could not. I talk to a friend more experienced than me, it tells me that using a Live CD of Ubuntu so it can get me back my data. I'm going to this and we managed to recover my data, whereupon he suggested that I try to put Vista in the trash and try to put XP. The problem of SATA persisted and we left. Once I leave my home PC and start it. I then a black screen with two choices:
    • Run a program to try to repair windows
    • Start Windows Normally.

Repair software was simply ineffective, signed Windows. When I booted Windows normally had the right to a BSOD. Desperate I will get back with my friend. It advises me to put Ubuntu (or variant) on my computer. So yesterday I download Kubuntu (my favorite graphic level) to turn on the machine. The CD is ready, I inserted, I boot it and let's go. Everything runs smoothly, I choose to install Kubuntu instead of the current OS. I arrive at 80% of the facility, and there it gives me an error and it crashes. (I have not had time to read the error) I take a deep breath, demoralized to see my computer in this state and I think I'll restart the installation praying. Only now, at this same plant before the installation to start. I arrive at the stage of choice time, I am therefore "Next". It said the gray box, and loads it (the mouse changes into two circles that turn). But it stops there, the mouse is well and I cannot do anything. Do anything except change the time. I tried installing Ubuntu too, thinking it had to be Kubuntu. But its worse, it crashes before the time. So I just ask for your help, hoping that you will grant. I do not know what to do and I'm desperate.

Re: Getting error while installing Kubuntu

hello, you must already know that the DV series is apparently full of hardware problems, Diverse and varied, listed on the right and left this for quite some time. BUT DO NOT PANIC regarding this you will get plenty of guides on to the official website for this and I am sure after getting that you will get fix for your issue. I hope that will help you to solve. And please share your result over here that what you get after trying those solutions.

Hello, for your hard disk if the first install that you did try to stop or crash during the procedure, do not panic, it is not accessible because it did not work correctly format finishes. Your log of referrals is normal given your situation but it will get better! When will you re-install it will fix this and put this in order not worry it makes me have already done several times and my hard drive does not have this kind of issues at all. I'll try to decode a bit you how to install kubuntu. Ah yes the fact! Your processor is a amd turion64bit (1.7GHz), so you can see to install the "alternate" LTS live cd of kubuntu 10.04.1 Lucid Lynx LTS (64bit).There are options to choose when to install kubuntu on your laptop (hp pavilion dv6000). On the first interface: (After booting the live cd, or that you are asked if you want to try or install kubuntu) (With F6) to activate the sub menu options (it's down to the right) then check the following choices (with the enter key)
    • acpi = ht
    • pci acpi = no
    • acpi = no irq
    • pnpacpi X = off
    • noapic = X
    • nolapi = X

You should also see the option "expert mode", do not check it to install kubuntu without graphics mode. (Actually leaves you the choice "expert mode" without selection) You hit the escape key to close the sub menu options and you valid for installation with the enter key. The installation will start normally and you should not encounter problems later. For your drivers, it should normally be accepted if not 100%, through the update driver’s menu system / administration / device drivers. That is, if you encounter problems do not hesitate. Proper installation of kubuntu!

If I understand correctly, you still stuck on this page during installation? I think your hard drive has some problems, sectors or bad blocks or damaged at the plant installation. Will have to look out the better I think that doubt confirmed disk drive. This may be the RAM too, but it can also be tested with the cd which I'll talk to you. So in order to fix this you download Ultimate Boot CD, you serious iso, and you boot it. In the first menu you will find a list of tools ranked by categories: BIOS, CPU, HDD, MEMORY, OTHERS, etc. you choose the category you HDD and valid for entry. Then you arrive on a list of tools for hard drive, you choose "disk check" and you validate your choice. It can analyze a hard drive (internal or external) or an optical disc (CD or DVD) to ensure proper operation. The software also provides information on equipment performance. You also have other utilities sharper which you could use to repair your hard disk. I Hope this may help.