Thread: How to Enable system protection from command line

How to Enable system protection from command line

Is there a means on the way to enable the system protection of the drive C (where the Operating System is installed), from the command prompt choice which is accessible below the system recovery options? My real trouble is that at what times I start the system restore choice, immediately after the selection of the restore selection position, as soon as it’s the time to validate the disk to restore, it states that "You have to enable system restore protection on this drive". As a result I cannot perform it. This is the reason why I would like to activate the system security however can I perform it from a command line? But I do not have any idea about it. If you have any thought how do I do it? Please let me know, your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How to Enable system protection from command line

Yes you can perform this, you just need to put the following commands into Powershell file as well as add Powershell task at the ending, if you making use of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT).
    Enable-computerrestore -drive "c:\"
    vssadmin resize shadow storage /on=c: /for=c: /maxsize=5%
    Checkpoint-computer -description "Done"
    This will enable protection for your system. If you have any other query related to this let me know.

I am also having the accurate same problem, it gives more than a few restore points but at what time I attempt to choose the drive C: drive (drive the windows 7 OS is on) it states you require to enable system restore. I have also tried to perform it in safe mode. But in safe mode it crashes on startup for me. I am facing this problem after upgrading my windows as I remember installing one previous night. Furthermore this morning I cannot even load windows.

Switched my computer on, furthermore found it will not boot, and crashing during boot up by means of a short-lived flash of a blue-screen message. System recovery states it's got an automatic recovery point (but not anything previous to that other than a month ago). However it will not allow me choose it informing me that I have to make active system protection. I have not at all unset this ever since I installed Windows 7 as well as as an IT manager of 20 years am extremely doubtful that an update's just automatically installed as well as caused the trouble. If anyone know any ways to enable it from the C: prompt after that I could utilize the option.

Hi, I have the similar trouble on two PCs and it happened the last week. Is there several new spyware/virus out there that screw up? I cannot run repair and at what time attempting to use restore point I am also getting the same error, however there is 20-30 restore points. The trouble is moreover that at what time running sfc /scannow it cannot run, it informs me that waiting for a repair to reboot, however if I reboot it’s still reboot/blue screen. The blue screen error is bad_system_config_info, if I attempt to run repair from the windows CD its advise me that there is several folders that bad, winamp and so on. However I cannot remove winamp in any means, I am able to rename it but after that it informs me that the new folder is terrible at what time I attempt to repair from the CD. I think that there must have been a number of spyware or virus or another bug which carry out this, I can make out that on one of the PC there is a missing folder (I make out it from a restore program) which is known as "folder protect 6", do you have that on your PC?