Thread: How to permanently alter Default Setting Folder View in Windows 7 Maintenance / Restore

How to permanently alter Default Setting Folder View in Windows 7 Maintenance / Restore

I have recently upgraded my operating system from windows vista to windows 7. It is functioning very well. The only issue when using Maintenance -> Backup and Restore in Windows 7 the default Folder or File view is Tiles. I wish to eternally alter the default to Details in order that this view applies to the entire file structure and not presently to each window. Can anyone tell me how do your permanently alter the default file or folder view setting in windows 7 maintenance Restore. Thank you in advance for any suggestion regarding to this issue, your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How to permanently alter Default Setting Folder View in Windows 7 Maintenance / Restore

You may possibly attempt the steps as below as well as verify if the problem gets resolved,Note that you require setting the view at the same time as details for all folders you open plus at the next reboot the view will be the similar as set previous. As this attribute of viewing as details cannot be finished globally.
    1. Choose Windows Explorer or else if you have the windows key press it plus "e" at the similar moment.
    2. Now choose the View menu as well as after that click on the view category you would like. As I talk about viewing file details.

Re: How to permanently alter Default Setting Folder View in Windows 7 Maintenance / Restore

Thank you for your suggestion. As per your suggestion I have tried but it does not work. It as well unreasonable solutions to have to alter as well as set each folder view as there are hundreds of them. I will like to be familiar with why I cannot set view file details globally. Why the default in restore is Tiles view? At what time restoring files I would like to be able to rapidly recognize the files I wish for. Tile view is particularly wasteful. Recommend this is added to a future improvement and expect that I never have to restore any files before then.

I am sure everyone has tried the solution Data -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Apply to All Folders. To find that once again been proven after a day or two. We want to be able to fix for more details and make the files (not all), or tiles or thumbnails of choice and make it stick. What is the point of making this point of view of files as you want only to have all workstations have been destroyed at the next reboot? At what time you choose the image file thumbnails as well as made alike adjustments in the different actors that the folders are displayed imperfectly. Nothing more irritating to have to do it once more since the only way to "details" have not over to re-establish all and after that lose more time to file required return to the thumbnails. This is one more case of Windows lying at what time he said: "Save settings" Please, there must be somebody who can do this right. We know that the data -> Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Apply to All Folders. Just do not. We require a permanent solution to this vexing trouble.

Hello to everyone. It is likely on the way to set each and every one folders to "detail view" by default. Windows 7 does not make this obvious. You can follow the below trick to make change your default view setting for your entire folder. First view a folder in the means you would like i.e. "Details". After that click "organize" and after that "Folder and search options" Click "View" as well as "Apply to all folders" Click "Yes" and that's it. Hope this helps!