Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-01-2011

Blue screen randomly most of the time happens while browser is open

I am getting more than a few blue screens. I thought that it was the 64 bit edition on Windows 7 Ultimate which was causing the problem because of the reality that the Windows 7 32 bit Release Candidate ran on the same system without any trouble. After this trouble I have uninstalled the 64 bit edition of windows 7 ultimate and install 32-bit version of Win 7 Ultimate. But I am still getting the same trouble. It appears to take place more frequently at what time I have a browser window open. Below is the error detail for one of the blue screen:

Problem sig:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Operating System Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Old 29-01-2011

Re: Blue screen randomly most of the time happens while browser is open

I also have these troubles when I have upgraded my system from windows vista to windows 7 64 bit ultimate. And the there seems to be a problem through the athrusb.sys driver. As per my knowledge athrusb.sys seems to be a driver intended for a wireless USB network adapter. Can you tell me which wireless USB network adapter are you using and can you get an updated driver? Make sure that you obtain the compatible version of athrusb.sys with windows 7. As many version of them are not compatible with windows 7 because of which you are receiving these problem.
Old 29-01-2011

I make out the trouble is dropbox. The only solution to this is to uninstall it and don?t run it on windows 7. I had the similar accurate trouble, I did the whole thing. I perform a memory test, hard drive test as well as I read my system dump files. I as well uninstalled Firefox since I consider that was a trouble. Why does it break down your computer? I have no thought for the reason that drop box works very well on my windows vista laptop, windows XP desktop, as well as my Linux computer. I lastly found that at what time I did not have drop box running the whole thing worked very well. I did not yet get BSOD's my computer just crashed accidentally at what time dropbox was running. On one occasion I uninstalled drop box I was able on the way to run my computer for 24+ hours with no troubles. I hope this assist, and presently stick to running drop box from a browser until they resolve it for windows 7.
Old 29-01-2011

Thank you for your valuable suggestion. As per your suggestion I have uninstalled the dropbox from my system.And you are right this is happening because of dropbox and now my problem of random bsod's was resolved after I stopped dropbox from running. Really the trouble is with the dropbox and not with the athrusb.sys driver. Hope this will help someone else having the same problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,