Thread: Windows 7 cannot verify digital signature error code 0xc0000428

Windows 7 cannot verify digital signature error code 0xc0000428

I got the following error message on the screen while I tried to enter in to safe mode by hittingF8 from the keyboard in my Windows 7 system.’ Status: 0xc0000428. Info: Windows cannot verify the digital signature of this file c:\windows\system32\winload.exe ’ I have also tried with repair, system restore to fix the problem but it did not helped me to solve the matter. I have also tried to renaming and replacing winload.exe with using Windows disc but it was also fruitless. Now I am requesting all of you to give me a light shed on this particular situation. Any idea will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Windows 7 cannot verify digital signature error code 0xc0000428

Well looking at situation I cannot figure out why it is happening in this particular situation. I want to know something more about regarding this particular situation. First of all I want to know that have you done any hardware or software changes on your system. Also let me know that you are using dual boot system or not and also post from when you begin to face this problem. This problem might occur if the boot priority is set to hard disk so you also check this in your BIOS. Reply me so that I can figure out the root cause of this particular problem and I can suggest you solution accordingly.

I am suggesting following solution in this particular problem. Well you have to clean boot hardware to fix the issue and it consist of the following steps.
    1. You have to right click on the computer and select properties from the context menu.
    2. Now click on Hardware Tab and go to Device Manager. Now you have to disable Sound Card, Video Adapter and Network Adapter by right clicking on it and choose Disable from the context menu
    3. Now you should restart the computer and see whether the problem is fixed or not. Now enable all the hardware component one after another and see which hardware is creating issue in this situation.
    Once you discover the hardware which causing the problem you can fix the matter by installing latest driver for the particular hardware in this situation.

Well I think know why this problem is occurring in this particular situation. Basically this problem is associated with improper configuration of bootloader. You can solve the issue by putting Windows 7 DVD on the disc drive and booting from it. Well it loads bootloader properly on your system. However it’s not the permanent solution for this particular situation. For permanent solution you have to use bcdeditor program

Re: Windows 7 cannot verify digital signature error code 0xc0000428

I was having the same problem and I have done lots of research on this particular situation and I have concluded that this problem is not associated with digital signature or the winload.exe. In fact bootloader in my system was failing to find boot sector of the Windows 7. Well have used VistaBootPro program in order to fix the problem. It helped me to install right bootloader and also helped me to set bootloader using GUI of the program. If you are having dual boot system I recommend you that should run this program on other operating system.