Thread: Unable to create recovery disc in Windows 7 error 0x80004005

Unable to create recovery disc in Windows 7 error 0x80004005

As the title suggest what I am going to post here. Well I have recently purchased laptop on which I have installed Windows 7 on it. I am really satisfied with Windows 7 as well as new laptop of mine. I was trying to create recovery disc in yesterday night but due to following error I was unable to do. It can be described as ‘Unable to create recover disc error code 0x80004005’. Anyone having any idea regarding this situation please let me know? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

re: Unable to create recovery disc in Windows 7 error 0x80004005

Well this kind of problem is usually faced by the users who are trying to create recovery disc on their system. According me I want to know whether you have installed antivirus software on your laptop. If it is yes then I recommend you that you should disable the software and try to create recovery disc. If you are able to create recovery disc and then make it. Once you have finished you can again enable the antivirus software on your computer. I am hoping that it helps you to solve the problem of yours.

I have seen many times that this problem is occurred due to conflict of the program with the back ground process. In that case you have to clean not your system. Well in clean boot you have to run your computer with minimum set of the drivers which are necessary. Well it helps you to discover whether there is software conflict is occurring or not. I really don’t know how to clean boot the system so I really regret for the same. Please let me know if you got steps to clean boot on your computer.

I know how you can clean boot your system. Well it consists of the following simple steps.
    1. You have to login to your system as administrator of the system.
    2. Now go to Start menu and enter msconfig.exe in the search box of the start menu and hit enter from the keyboard. It will launch system configuration utility.
    3. If it is requested for the Administrative password for the confirmation simply enter it.
    4. Now you have to click on the General tab and choose Selective Startup and now click on clear the Load startup items.
    5. Now on the Service tab and you have to click on Hide all Microsoft services and click on Disable all.
    6. Now reboot your system.
    Now try to create recovery disc and see whether it helps you or not.

You have to boot your system using Windows 7 disc. When you come across main window of the set up you have to simply click on the Repair option from it. You have to also launch command prompt from the main window. You have to enter ‘recdisc’ without quotes and press enter. It will prompt with the available drive with the corresponding letter. Now you have to put empty DVD removing Windows 7 DVD. Now click on start button and it will help you to create recovery disc. Please let me know whether it was helpful to you.