Thread: Bad Image at c:windows\system32\igfxresdll

Bad Image at c:windows\system32\igfxresdll

I am running Windows XP SP2, I have tried to uninstall the update,but no use later i found that many of my programs also stop working almost immediately, such as games and the Windows Media Center. It gives me an error i was wondering what does it mean when i start up my computer, and it says c:windows\system32\igfxres.dll bad image.If Any have come across this problem before please let me know.

Re: Bad Image at c:windows\system32\igfxres.dll

On an average i seems to be having two problem the first would be related to DLL file and the igfxres.dll which you have mentioned is connected with the Intel Graphics Accelerator, and as such your PC would appear to have a video driver problem or second one will be occurs at startup because of an application that tries to run in the notification area / or will be in the system tray which may be creating the problem.

Re: Bad Image at c:windows\system32\igfxresdll

Download R180254.exe , which is related to the GM965 Express Chipset Family and for igfxresdll.exe - bad image = This "is a command module that is in the form of an executable file. It is an Intel key that is usually installed with Intel services that support media. and for this i will suggest you to try using the driver rollback feature. Documentation/handbook for help with the task,or contact your laptops manufacturer.

The igfxres.dll error seems to be indicating that there's a problem with the graphics driver that you've installed.These drivers will be available at the Intel site, Click 'Run'.This will load the new drivers, and then restart your computer and all should be OK!

I am running Windows XP SP2, I have tried to uninstall the update,but no use later i found that many of my programs also stop working almost immediately, such as games and the Windows Media Center. It gives me an error i was wondering what does it mean when i start up my computer, and it says c:windows\system32\igfxres.dll bad image.If Any have come across this problem before please let me know.

Regarding your issue i will advise you to go through System File Checker command which will detect the problem in your Windows Files system and corrected them also. To run the same command you have to open the command prompt and then to type "sfc/scannow" command and hit enter. This will take several time depend on the system of yours. So if you can then go through the same and work with the issue.