Thread: Windows 7: "Failed to load resource DLL" dialog box

Windows 7: "Failed to load resource DLL" dialog box

I am using a new PC original equipment manufacturer, or OEM loaded with Windows 7 64bit. I have loaded more than 20 programs. And now I am getting a "Failed to Load Resource DLL" error message at whatever time I right-click on icons, filenames, and so on. When I click on Ok the dialog box goes away plus there are no apparent troubles. However it is in reality frustrating to have to perform that for almost each cut/paste, or else other file transaction. I have read on other forums and they talk about defective shell extensions as cause as well as running SFC plus re-installing Windows Explorer as work around. I have tried running SFC but my issue still not resolved. If you have any idea regarding to this trouble. Please let me know.

Re: Windows 7: "Failed to load resource DLL" dialog box

I would like to know the accurate error message that you received. I will also recommend you to execute a System restore as well as check if the problem is resolved. Systems Restore utilizes restore points on the way to go back your system files as well as settings to a previous position in time not affecting private files. Restore points are produced automatically each week, moreover just previous to major system events, for example the installation of an application or else device driver. You be able to also make a restore point manually. You can follow the steps for system restore.Prior to you begin System Restore, save all open files as well as close all programs. One time you verify your restore position, System Restore reboots your PC. Now Click start menu and type system restore in the start search box as well as after that from the record select System restore.

The correct error message is accurately what I place in the original appeal for assist. Here is the procedure: when I right-click on an icon or else in windows explorer. I get a small dialog pop ups which prompt it fails to "Failed to Load Resource DLL” furthermore an "OK" button. At what time I click on Ok the error message disappears and right menu will reappear and now I can proceed normally. I go through the right-click menu plus uninstalled each and every one program which had positioned an action in the right-click menu (for example, WinZip, Acrobat). But still the error box persists.

I will advise you to carry out a Clean Boot. To assist troubleshoot error messages as well as other problem; you be able to start Windows 7 by means of using a least set of drivers as well as startup programs. This type of startup is recognized as a "clean boot." A clean boot assists remove software conflict.
    1. You will need to log on to your PC with administrator account.
    2. Now click on start menu and type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, as well as after that press enter to begin the System Configuration Utility.
    3. You may be asked to enter the administrator password, provide the password or else press Continue.
    4. After that on the General tab click on Selective startup and Place a tick mark in front of r the Load startup items.
    5. Now on the services tab, place a tick mark in front of Hide all Microsoft Services and after that click on disable all.
    6. Finally Click Ok and Reboot your system to save 6the changes you have done.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. At what time I encountered this issue. I have search on the Internet for the solution and couple of forms suggested that the trouble may be because of the third party software. As a result I thoroughly uninstalled every software which put an option into the right-click context menu. But my problem still persists.If you have any other solution to this issue, please let me know.