Thread: Windows 7 Backup Error code 0x81000033

Windows 7 Backup Error code 0x81000033

I tried for several days to backup windows 7 computer on external dd 500Ga of 436.89 but in fact precisely. Each time, I have the same message in red: "The backup has ignored the backup system image as one of the critical volumes does not have enough space. Free up space by deleting files unnecessary and try again. Error code: 0x81000033 .My dd external, initially empty after the backup, help me. Thank you in advance for your explanations.

Re: Windows 7 Backup Error code 0x81000033

If you want to use the program to your computer to make a backup you must have a hard drive that has more than the number of Giga used on your source computer. So if in your computer you own source + /-700 Gb of data and other backup your hard drive. Must be greater still. The tool included with Windows is not the best. This information assists you to solve your issue.

Let’s attempt to check backup a user file for that you have to go to Control Panel and begin creating a backup from the Backup as well as Restore center. Choose the position in order to save backup data. Once you have selected your position, you be able to now select what to backup. Let’s select the choice "Let me choose". Uncheck the choice before the "contain a system icon of drivers: Unnamed driver,". At the moment you be able to begin your backup procedure.

You have to run a Check disk for the hard drive. For that you have to go to Computer by selecting the Start key, as well as after that selecting Computer. Then Right-press the hard disk drives that you would like to check, and after that select Properties. Select the Tools tab, as well as after that, in Error-checking, select Check Now. To automatically repair issues with files as well as folders that the scan detects, choose automatically solve file system errors. or else, the disk test will merely report troubles however not resolve them. To perform a careful disk check, choose Scan for and try recovery of bad sectors. This scan tries to locate as well as fix physical errors on the hard disk itself, as well as it be able to take much longer to finish. Select Start. Depending upon the mass of your hard disk, this may get numerous minutes.

You have to begin Disk Cleanup. To open up space on your hard disk, Disk Cleanup locate as well as after that take away temporary files on your PC that you decide you no longer require. If you have above one drive or partition on your PC, you will be encouraged to select which drive you would like Disk Cleanup to clean. Then you have to go to Disk Cleanup by pressing the Start key. After that in the search box, you have to type Disk Cleanup, and next, in the list of results, select Disk Cleanup.

I had the same problem and nothing that I did fixed the problem. I followed all of Microsoft's fixes to no avail. Luckily I found a website that had the exact fix, links to the free software you will need and detailed insruction (including screen shots). I followed the insructions and now my backup works flawlessly. The link to the website is below. Good luck!

Dear Lexie 164

The link is not visible; would you please send me a pm with more info?

I am struggling with this error and finding all info not helping my case.

I do not have a System Reserved partition so the problem is not given by a small system reserved partition...

I need help, please!

Thank you to you and forum Admin, Mods and members!

Regards

Rodrighez,

Can you tell us, if you have any security software installed on the computer it would take longer for the backup center to backup files. If so then try to disable security software and try to take a backup and verify. You may also run disk cleanup utility and check if that helps.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Thank you Newtech,

I will list below some useful info about what I have done or what is in place:

- Important!!! if I disable the option of backing up also the image of the system (little box at the bottom left of the windows backup options) then the backup can proceed without error 0x81000033.
    - I have Nod32 AV and I have disabled it ("disable for 4 hours") and also unchecked all the security options from advanced setup, just to be sure it won't interfere.
    - I have shut down Comodo Firewall.
    - I do not have a dedicated partition for the system recovery
    - Hard drives are plenty of space and tried to install in different external hard drives
    - OS is Win7 64 bit
    - I have installed the OS just 5 days ago, so I would say it is still "fresh" even though there are all the main applications already installed (Office 2010, Acrobat pro, etc.).
    - I made already a cleanup using a free utility and deleted temp, internet temp and many other unnecessary files. I am not sure if something was missed but it removed a lot.

I hope I can get some help, I spent days in front of the screen reading.... trying different stuff...

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Fabio