Thread: Windows 7: Unable to remove default English keyboard

Windows 7: Unable to remove default English keyboard

I am using Windows 7 x64 and I have recently changed the EN IME and installed Korean IME. I have set Korean language as default input language in my system. Well EN is completely removed from the Control Panel. However I have found that it is still prompting on the language bar of the system. Now my question is how to remove EN English input from the language bar where it is continuously showing up. Anyone having any specific solution in this situation will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7: Unable to remove default English keyboard

I am having a setting in this particular situation which you can apply to resolve the issue. You have to navigate to the Regional Setting in your system and check whether English is set as default language on your system. If it is set as default that’s why it constantly show up on the language bar of the system of yours. If you really needed to remove English language form the language bar you have to set Korean language as default language on your system. I am hoping that it will help you to solve the matter. Wish you all the best.

You have to navigate to Regional Settings and click on Add to add the new default language. Now click on Remove to delete the English language. To set default language you have to click on the Drop down menu and choose Settings. You have to search the option which states that ‘hidden’. Simply click on it and click on Apply to implement the settings. I am hoping that it will help you to solve the matter if you are having any query feel free to ask the same.

I am providing following setting which you can apply and see whether it is fruitful to you or not.
    1. First of all you have to browse to Control Panel using Start Menu.
    2. Now choose Region and Language and language from the control panel.
    3. You have to click on Keyboards and Languages tab.
    4. Now select the option Change Keyboard.
    5. You will see two option which will be Default input language and Installed services. You can remove all the language from the Installed services except the one which you had set as Default input language.

Try the above mentioned settings wish you good luck.

I don’t have any solution for the particular problem which you had mentioned on the previous post. Bu I am having a trick which you can apply to change the on screen keyboard layout to Canadian French. To do this you have to click on Start menu and enter ‘regedit’ on Run to launch the registry editor. Now you have to locate following registry.
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload\1
    You have to replace 1 with 00001009
    This will change the on screen keyboard layout to Canadian French. I am really sorry for the unaware of the solution about your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufta View Post
    I am using Windows 7 x64 and I have recently changed the EN IME and installed Korean IME. I have set Korean language as default input language in my system. Well EN is completely removed from the Control Panel. However I have found that it is still prompting on the language bar of the system. Now my question is how to remove EN English input from the language bar where it is continuously showing up. Anyone having any specific solution in this situation will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.
    I was having the same issue. I found that simply adding the keyboard again (EN-Us in my case) applying the changes and then removing it again removed it from the language bar.