Thread: Windows 7: bitlocker decrypt external hard drive

Windows 7: bitlocker decrypt external hard drive

I have installed windows 7 in which I am working very well. I encrypt an external hard drive with bitlocker as well as I forgot the password in addition to I destroy the internal hard drive for the reason that windows 7 crash! Now I require decrypting the outside hard drive with no password key! Is any method to perform this without losing the data in the hard drive?

Re: Windows 7: bitlocker decrypt external hard drive

From my discussion breaking bitlocker encryption may be achievable by Homeland Security, or a few other fine financed groups; however I doubt you as well as I are going to perform it. While you failed to make a 'password reset disk' for the old user account, you lost the certificate you required. I am not sure along with that please inform me if you got solution to your issue.

BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data defense characteristic obtainable in Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Ultimate for client PCs. BitLocker give enhanced defense against data theft or exposure on PCs as well as detachable drives that are lost or stolen, as well as more safe data deletion while BitLocker-protected PC are decommissioned as it is extra hard to get deleted data from an encrypted drive than from a non-encrypted drive.

The encrypted divisions in the BitLocker secluded drive are decrypted merely as they are demand from system read process. Blocks that are marks to the drive are encrypted previous to the computer writes them to the physical disk. No unencrypted data is still stored on a BitLocker protected drive. May this information will assist you to get closer to your solution.