Thread: MeeGo 1.0 on VMWare Fusion shows blank screen

MeeGo 1.0 on VMWare Fusion shows blank screen

Recently I have tried the MeeGo 1.0 on VMWare Fusion and ended up with some issue. Following the installation the operating system tried to boot however it just remains lying on a blank screen. At what time I installed it I utlized an unidentified 2.6 32bit kernel kind Linux inside vmware and cleaned up the partition and allow meego to install on its personal. But still no luck at all. I think that now I should try from the 64bit settings. The hardware specification which I have tested the MeeGo as follows:
    • 2.4ghz Core2Duo processor
    • 9400m graphics
    • 8GB HDD partition

Re: MeeGo 1.0 on VMWare Fusion shows blank screen

Even I have also tried using Virtual Box. For that purpose I have successfully transformed the image to a VDI file. By luckily it has installed without ant problem but after that I started getting that identical problem like you had one. I obtain a black screen when I try to boot it from. The screen doesn’t seem to respond for any further action or process. However I can able to restart the system and then all I obtain is the surroundings. I truthfully believe it is a hardware problem.

I also actually believe it has something to with your hardware of a laptop. At the time I installed moblin I was able to connect my DVD RW drive on the way to an IDE exterior HD case. However on the other hand as soon as I am trying that by way of MeeGo it was unable to mount the drive, therefore I believe there is no support usually meant for it. That’s why it has recommended to get a USB flash. The main thing is whichever device you will install meeGo, it should be installed via USB port only. Other than this it won’t work at all.

As far as I know the netbook UX images are not premeditated to work on top of virtual fusion machines, seeing that 3D acceleration hold up is not obtainable. The most excellent approach to utilize MeeGo devoid of troublemaking your presented operating system is to scuttle it straightforwardly off of a USB drive. On the other hand, the MeeGo SDK consists of a chroot + Xephyr server surroundings which might be utilized to run the MeeGo UX within a non-netbook atmosphere (by way of 3D acceleration):

As far as my concern about the MeeGo on VMware fusion, you'll still necessitate to be using a up to date Linux distribution on hardware that supports MeeGo, specifically:
    • Processor: A 32bit Intel Atom otherwise Intel Core 2 CPU (hold up in support of SSSE3)
    • As you know the MeeGo will not operate on non-SSSE3 CPUs
    • A well-matched Intel graphics chipset: GMA-500, Nvidia, as well as ATI chipsets are not yet compatible.
    • if you are using the mac platform then I don’t think that it will gonna work for you any longer.