Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problems with wmiprvse

Operating Systems

Old 28-01-2011

Problems with wmiprvse

Hi, friends! Recently I've faced with very unusual problem. When I connect to Internet, through ADSL modem, and try to start any applications like skype, icq, opera or mozilla firefox, it takes a long time to start, when I tried to see through Task Manager , which application is delaying the starting, I saw wmiprvse.exe running. When I terminate this application(wmiprvse.exe), all other desired application start. but again wmiprvse.exe restarts and slows down other applications. I tried to solved it by my own. I read about it in internet but it didn't help. Scanners and antiviruses don't help much either.

Is there any solution? Thx in advance.

Old 28-01-2011

Re: Problems with wmiprvse

Well, i too can see wmiprvse running in my Windows XP background but am not facing any problem with any of the applications. So, i guess it wouldn't be the cause of your problem. To solve this issue, you should restore your system to any previous restore point. ABut anyways, if you wish to get rid of wmiprvse, then just checkout this article: How to disable wmiprvse.exe

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,