Thread: Windows 7: unable to delete restoration data

Windows 7: unable to delete restoration data

I don’t know where is the problem in this particular situation. I am using Windows 7 from past 4 months. Yesterday night I have started to face strange problem. Whenever I try to restore my computer from sleep the process is getting stopped before completing the restore process. I am posting error message below.
    On resume from sleep:
    Window heading - Windows Resume Loader
    Message: The last attempt to resume the system from its previous location failed. Attempt to resume again?
    Then it provides following option which I have to select by using arrow keys
    Continue with system resume OR delete restoration data and proceed to system boot
    I unable to select any of the options because the computer screen was frozen. Even reboot did not help me in this situation. Welcome for the suggestion. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7: unable to delete restoration data

Well looking at your situation I want to know that have you recently done any hardware or software changes on your computer. If your answer is yes then it is possible that particular hardware or software might cause compatibility issue on your system. I am suggesting you that should try to boot your system using Advance Boot Menu and you have to choose Last Known Good Configuration to boot your system. I am hoping that it will help you to solve the matter.

I am suggesting you that you should try System Restore to solve the matter.
    1. You have to click on the Start menu and enter system restore on the search box. You have to click on the System Restore from the program list. If it is prompted for the Administrative password simply enter it.
    2. Now you have to click on Choose a different restore point in System Restore Dialog box and click Next to proceed.
    3. Now you have to choose restore point which was created just before you stated to face the problem and click on Next to process further.
    4. Now click on Finish.
    Well I let you know that after performing system restore all the program and updates are restored to previous state if you have updated the programs and system updates will be removed after system restore.

I have found that many users are facing the similar kind of the problem which you are facing. Well I think Enter key on your keyboard is not responding at all. I am an alternative for this particular situation. You have to hold Alt key and you have to locate FN key which is usually into blue or pale color. Now you have to press 013 number keys from the keyboard of yours. Now you have to release both Alt and FN key. I am hoping that using this alternative you will be able to choose Delete Restoration Data option without using enter key.