Thread: This Virtual Machine is not able to Launch Windows XP Mode

This Virtual Machine is not able to Launch Windows XP Mode

When attempting to begin Windows XP Mode, (virtual machine) I find the following pop-up error. Windows XP Mode' could not be restored for the reason that of a host processor type variance or hardware-assisted virtualization is necessary, however not accessible. I am running Windows XP mode within Windows 7. This Virtual Machine was functioning just well, however now I am receiving this error as well as I am not capable to access critical documents as well as applications within this Virtual Machine. Any Ideas?

Re: This Virtual Machine is not able to Launch Windows XP Mode

You Did any possibility make the problematic Virtual Machine utilizing a pre-release edition of Windows Virtual computer, after that saved its situation, after that upgraded to the RTM release? If consequently this is the issue. Saved states have never been well-matched among versions of any Microsoft virtualization software. If that is not the issue after that I do not recognize what to inform you. At the very slightest you be able to always utilize the Disk Management console or diskpart.exe to connect the Virtual Machine as well as after that copy off your critical documents.Boot into the BIOS on the host PC as well as verify that hardware virtualization is still enabled. If it is not, enable it.

I ran into exactly the similar issue, however by chance found the answer. Removing the hibernation state file . Navigate to the position of the virtual machine's settings file In my situation, it was in the similar position as the virtual hard disk, in: C:\Users\username \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Virtual PC\Virtual Machines\ .If your system had been hibernated final time you closed it, you will observe a fairly sizable "Virtual Machine Saved State" file (.vsv). Through deleting this file, you will remove the hibernation data, as well as the system will boot generally.

You have to for the moment disable the security software/firewall as well as make sure if the problem continue. If the problem does not continue, after that you may want to alter the setting to permit that. You have to go to Action Center by selecting the Start key, selecting Control Panel, with after that, in System and Security, selecting Review your PC's status. Press the arrow key subsequently to Security to expand the section. If Windows be able to notice your antivirus software, it is listed in Virus protection. If the software is on, make sure the Help that came with the software for detail on disabling it.