Thread: Window 7 shows comctl32.dll missing and unable to run programs

Window 7 shows comctl32.dll missing and unable to run programs

I am running windows 7 Home premium and when I attempt to install a certain application it gives me an error message saying how I can fix the issue "The application cannot start for the reason that comctl32.dll is missing from your system, and needs to be reinstalled. As per the message I have tried reinstalling the application but still it persists. I do not have any idea what to do next to get rid of this trouble. If you have any suggestion regarding to this issue, please let me know. Thank you in advance for your valuable suggestion.

Re: Window 7 shows comctl32.dll missing and unable to run programs

I would like to know from what time you are getting this error message. Have you done any hardware or software changes? There are more than a few different ways by which comctl32.dll errors can come on your PC. Below is the some common reason for seeing comctl32.dll errors:
    • "Comctl32.dll Not Found"
    • "This application failed to start for the reason that comctl32.dll was not found and Re-installing the application may fix this trouble."

• In a number of cases, comctl32.dll errors can point out a registry trouble, a virus or else malware issue or yet hardware malfunction.
    The most common cause of missing comctl32.dll is that by mistake you have deleted the file. You can try the below procedure to recover the file.

1. On your Desktop double click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    2. Locate and after that choose the file which you wish to restore.
    3. after that Right-click on the choice and next select Restore.
    4. Now all these missing files will be restored back to their original locations.

As per me knowledge recovering a removed copy of comctl32.dll by means of a file recovery app is a smart proposal provided that you are sure that you have deleted the file yourself plus that it was functioning appropriately earlier than you did that.

I will recommend you to run System File checker furthermore make out if it assist:
    1. Go to start menu and click All Programs -> Accessories and right-click on Command Prompt, as well as choose Run as Administrator.
    2. You may be asked to enter the Administrator credentials provide it or else click continue.
    3. Type sfc /scannow in the command window and press enter. This will scan and repair all the missing files.

I will recommend you to try the below suggestions;
    1. Try to run a full scan of your system to check for any virus or malware. A number of comctl32.dll errors may possibly be associated to a virus or else further malware virus on your PC which has spoiled the DLL file. It is yet probable that the comctl32.dll error message that you are getting is associated to a hostile program.
    2. Try to make use of System Restore on the way to undo latest system changes. If you think that the comctl32.dll error message was caused by a alteration made to an essential file or else configuration, a System Restore can resolve the trouble.
    3. Also one more thing reinstalls the application which makes use of the comctl32.dll file. If the comctl32.dll DLL error message comes at what time you use a particular program, reinstalling the program be supposed to restore the file.
    4. An important advice try to update the drivers for hardware devices which may be associated to comctl32.dll. If, such as, you are getting a "The file comctl32.dll is missing" error message at what time you play a 3D video game, attempt updating the drivers for your video card.