Thread: Windows 7 Blue Screen with BCCode 3b

Windows 7 Blue Screen with BCCode 3b

Hi all, I bought a Sony Vaio S series laptop, which is specified with Intel i5 540M, nVidia 310M GPU, 2GB DDR3 RAM, 320GB hard drive and running with windows 7 home premium. The machine is very new for me, and I am also not having such idea regarding any hardware or any other windows deeply problem. so I am here with one of my problem which is occurring in machine after install windows 7 OS. The machine, sometimes my laptop is appearing in Blue screen and shows me a error code “BCCode 3b”, after flashing this message it appears in blue screen. What is the message indicated, and how to overcome from the problem?

Re: Windows 7 Blue Screen BCCode 3b

According to me, the error code that you mentioned in your post is mainly occurred for the graphical interface, I think the graphics driver is out dated. But before that, I would like to know that the driver that you installed is it compatible with the operating system version and along with the other machine hardware specification? Try to resolve this issue by replace the hardware driver with the latest version. For that visit manufacturer web site, and from there choose the desire driver application which is compatible with the windows version I hope this will somehow help you.

Facing similar issue, after install Internet Explorer 8 in my windows vista compatible HP pavilion series laptop. After install the browser application, when it required for reboot the machine, I did this, but after coming back to the windows normal it appears in blue screen, and this start happen when I first double click on the launch icon of the browser, after that I need to shut the laptop direct by hold and press the power button. From then still now I am not able to resolve this issue, I remove the browser application, then also the problem occurring. Suggest me any trick to solve this issue.

I also like to recommend you to upgrade the graphics driver, along with this also set the machine resolution in lowest rate. So for the upgrade the driver version, insert the installation disk into the CD ROM drive, and ping to device manager, now right click on the driver name and choose the advanced option, it will ask you to locate the driver installation program , browse and run the process, go through this, I hope after this process the problem will be solved. And after completion the process reboot your machine to apply the changes.