Thread: "No disk for system recovery" error message in windows 7

"No disk for system recovery" error message in windows 7

Recently I create a repair disk of windows 7 in my Acer aspire Notebook. The machine is actually creating for some problem regarding the graphics and other windows operation, so I make this and tried for the system recovery. Though I stored a system restore image file in my hard drive. After load the repair disk it can easily detect the system restore point, but not allowed me to recover the windows version, whenever I tried to start the process, it directs that, there is no disk to recover the operating system. What to do now? Is there anyone having any suggestion or solution for me?

Re: "No disk for system recovery" error message in windows 7

I had similar issue, where as I was also tried to recover my windows platform, though this is not allowed me to do this, whenever I tried to start the recover process, it simply shows that there is no disk to make it operative. I searched everywhere for the solution, and in maximum places I found that, this type of problem may occur for the smaller partition of source drive than the target partition of the hard drive. So make sure that the driver partition, where you are willing to perform the action is not smaller than the source partition of your hard drive.

I think the problem is in the hard drive partition where you are willing to perform this recovery process, make sure that the partition is having enough space to store windows recovery. Because I had similar issue, after that one of my suggest me to check whether the operative drive partition is having correct space to perform this, I searched , but did not found that one, if you found any kind of this problem, then allocate the desire space to system recovery. If still the problem occurring then I suggest format that hard drive partition and then try to store the windows recovery option.

According to me, I think the system restore disk that you made earlier is not properly created. For that I recommend you to try this disk into another machine, which is also running with same operating system. This is for only ensuring about, that the disk is running or not. If in other machine the system recovery process is starts then be sure that the disk is ok, there is no problem with that otherwise you need to create a new one. For that I recommend you to create an image file of the system recover in your hard drive, and then burn this one into a disk. Now try with this, I hope this will help you to perform the operation.