Thread: Installing linux mint Debian with disk encryption

Installing linux mint Debian with disk encryption

I want some help with installation of Linux Mint Debian. But I want to do this with Disk Encryption. I had seen many open source OS does not comes with Disk Encryption support. How to do this. Is there a third party addon available that can do this. I am unable to understand the procedure mentioned on the articles posted on web. What should I do here to get disk encryption.

You will have to use a third party program for that. You cannot get that in the OS itself. One open source software that I know is TrueCrypt. Just add this and you will be able to get disk encryption on your system. Through this you can create virtual disk inside a file. You can also encrypt a full partition or a storage device. This tool has huge amount of features to test. Just check this thing once.

Disk Encryption on Linux is bit complicated. It can cause problem if not done properly. You can use various tools here like eCryptfs, EncFS, Loop-AES, etc. Each of them are different in terms of usage. If you are completely novice and never used encryption before then I wil not recommend you to ahead with this. The installation procedure is simple. You just have to add that tool and use it for encrypting your data.