Thread: No Chinese language even after language pack upgrade in windows 7

No Chinese language even after language pack upgrade in windows 7

I checked that even after installing all the language packs in Windows 7 still the Chinese characters are displayed as blocks. I found a temporary solution to delete the system's font cache file by going into C:\Windows\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT but still this didnt work. Whenever I restart my computer it will be rebuilt by Windows again? I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the chinese language packs that still to no avail? Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks

re: No Chinese language even after language pack upgrade in windows 7

The problem that you are facing could be related to the Language for non-Unicode programs settings. To solve this issue, click Start and then go to Control Panel. Here you have to click on Clock, Language, and Region. After that click Change display language and then switch to Administrative tab. Now click on change System Locale and then choose “Chinese (Simplified, PRC)”. Click Apply and ok, thats it.

re: No Chinese language even after language pack upgrade in windows 7

I was facing a similar problem but was able to to solve this with a simple workaround. You dont need to change the system locale for this to solve this issue. Just keep a file on the desktop with a Chinese name or just create a simple file in chinese language and when Windows will load next time then all Chinese characters in Desktop mode will be displayed properly. I dont know why this works but it is quite simple and quick solution for this problem.

I had the same issue after doing an update in my pc, previously chinese characters were showing fine in my computer. I noticed that in C:\Windows\fonts\ the Ming Liu fonts are hidden although I dont know if they were before the issue. But right clicking on this Ming Liu fonts and selecting Show or Display and then restarting the pc solved the problem for me. You can also try to follow this method and check if it works for you.