Thread: Sticky notes disappeared and won't work on windows 7.

Sticky notes disappeared and won't work on windows 7.

So sticky notes disappeared off my computer, the image no longer seem like it be supposed to it’s the default looking image like the program was deleted. While i open to press on it. It state not mentioned error. In addition on my computer it state test mode windows 7 construct 7600. I say no to perform a system restore, I do not recognize accurately while sticky notes disappeared as well as as this is a brand new PC i have been playing around as well as installing programs continually for the 4 to 5 days I would lose lots of stuff that would take hours regain the way it was. So please help me.

Re: Sticky notes disappeared and won't work on windows 7.

I would advise you to do an SFC scan with after that make sure if you are capable to utilize the Sticky notes. To do a SFC Scan you have to press on Start, after that press All Programs, press Accessories, and then right-press Command Prompt, as well as after that press Run as administrator. Then you have to Type the sfc /scannow And click. A message will come into view stating that 'The system scan will start. If any files need a put back SFC will replace them. You may be inquiring to put in your Windows 7 DVD for this procedure to carry on. After the scan has finished, you have to close the command prompt window, and then start the PC again as well as confirm.

If the issue continues I would advise you to place the PC in clean boot condition as well as after that make sure if any non-Microsoft service is interfering .To do the clean boot Log on to the PC by utilizing an account that has administrator privileges. You have to press Start, after that type msconfig.exe in the Search box, as well as after that click ENTER to begin the System Configuration utility. On the General tab, press to choose the choice Selective startup, as well as after that press to clear the choice Load startup items check box. On the Services tab, you have to choose the Hide all Microsoft services check box, as well as after that press disable all. Press OK, plus after that press Restart.

About the missing Sticky Notes I would advise you to go to the C:\Windows\System32 folder in windows Explorer. And then you have to locate the StickNot.exe file. And then Right press on the file as well as drag it to the computer. After that you have to select Create a Shortcut selection. Then you have to Drag the Sticky Notes image on the Desktop by right pressing as well as drag to the Start Menu. Select "pin to Start Menu" The program will be back as well as should effort properly.

One more remark about missing Sticky Notes. There are a small registry cleaners like Advanced Registry Optimizer as well as WINASO Registry Optimizer which for several cause take out Sticky Notes from the Programs List. Advanced Registry Optimizer take out two entries in the registry for Sticky Notes. If you would like to carry on utilizing that registry optimizer scroll down to the Sticky Notes references as well as uncheck them. Unluckily each time you run that program you have to uncheck those two boxes. It is very simple receiving Sticky Notes back as well as it takes regarding 90 seconds.