Thread: Installation of Windows 7 blocked at 27%

Installation of Windows 7 blocked at 27%

I encounter a problem with an installation of Windows 7 small family from a PC with XP family after reboot it hangs on the 2nd line to 27%. I think it is decompression of files or just after, in fact, its the 2nd row in the installation. I called Microsoft and the guy says it is because my sata hard disk is not recognized as sata ide. Then they asked me to update the bios but I can not update because the manufacturer's site download pages for EPoX ref 8KDA3+ motherboard. Afterwards the guy told me to reformat xp and create a 2nd partition to paste the contents of Windows 7 from dvd and install again

Your opinion on this but I doubt that Windows 7 does not installs under ide disk? Or can I get the latest bios update from other than the manufacturer's site?

Re: Installation of Windows 7 blocked at 27%

I have the same problem with the pro version and I doubt with the Microsoft guy's explanation. I tried 2 different partitions on 2 disk drives on sata2 and all of 2 still crashes at 27% decompression. If you find any answer than please tell me too. I'll do the same

Hi, you are under what: sata or ide? Because I've have seen that it could be due to the fault of RAM. Please let me know as soon as possible!

Even I installed Windows 7 recently. And I too had the problem of 27% and then rebooting the computer. In my case it also stucked with me for 20 minutes. But to my astonish, it returned all of a sudden and restarted the installation without any further problem. I think it may be due to some problem that might have occurred during your installation process and so I would recommend you to simple redo the things again and make sure this is not the case with you.

I have tried it on 2 sata HDD and Sandra Lite tells me do anything for the RAM. I look for other explanations and I'll let you know.

And windows_user, I have spend 3 hours on this and tried many a time but without luck. So I don't think that might be problem.

Any other suggestions?

It is finally here installs the highly complex and expert level mastery in computer engineering required

1 removed a memory chip among the 2 I had
    2 I see that xp does not start
    3 removed the strips and even replace them or otherwise removed for 30 seconds instead (I know it gets very complicated stay attentive hardest arrives)
    4 Windows XP start (like it starts with this strips )
    5 Tried restarting the install of Windows 7 for the 15th time
    6 We arrive at the famous 27% and then 28 29 30 50 85 90 100% l install and strange it's done in 20 minutes, that's very hard

height of the day, putting the 2nd strip and Windows 7 was working. I had installed Windows 7 with just 512MB ram and then that should be in theory 1GB (after addition of 2nd strip)

So thank you to Microsoft technician for 5 hours of telephonic conversion

All windows versions if the system freezes or crashes during the %? process it is almost always a RAM issue. Sometimes just removing the RAM sticks and re-inserting them fully will do the trick. But if you have a bad stick of RAM then you will need to replace it of course. Always replace or remove RAM with the PS off or better yet pull the power cord.

Windows 7 x86 can run fine on 512MB RAM with no issues even though they require 1GB typically and x64 requires 2GB but you can run it on 1GB.

I like to test new RAM with Windows install process for this reason as it typically does a better job and does it quicker then other specific tools just designed for that task.
    Last edited by Stevo1; 04-11-2009 at 09:28 AM.

Could you try using System Restore to an earlier time before you started experiencing this problem? The Windows 7 installation, using an upgrade disk, must be started from within an installed and activated version of Vista or XP. Also, you should be able to share files and folders by Click Start --> Network --> Network and Sharing Center --> change your location to Public. I recommend running a scan with Antivirus and AntiSpyware utilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Humberto View Post
    Could you try using System Restore to an earlier time before you started experiencing this problem? The Windows 7 installation, using an upgrade disk, must be started from within an installed and activated version of Vista or XP. Also, you should be able to share files and folders by Click Start --> Network --> Network and Sharing Center --> change your location to Public. I recommend running a scan with Antivirus and AntiSpyware utilities.
    You can do a clean install with the upgrade disc, when installing you select Custom (advanced) instead of upgrade, This is better then reinstalling Vista and then upgrading or worst yet upgrading a working environment which can cause the most problems.

After Custom select advanced options and delete your C: partition and ley 7 make the 100MB Reserved & recreate the C: drive, pretty simple really.

Try restarting your computer in safe mode.

Install from safe mode.

Worked for me.

I installed from a Decompressed ISO image using WINRAR directly from harddrive.

You could also try copying files or iso boot image to USB and install from there.

hope that can help some.

chuck dennins